• Show
Clear All

• Gigabit GA-x58-UD3R and F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM w/i7 960

Problem: BSOD
    System
    Board: GA-x58-UD3R
    CPU: i7 960
    RAM: 12800CL8D (2x4GB)

I've never been able to run these at 1600. I had them in a previous system running 1333 just fine, but 1600 does not function.

@1600, over time, a BSOD will occur, usually after about 30 minutes. Even if I bump the speed down to 1066, a BSOD will occur. I've used the XMP profile, and I've manually adjusted the timing (8-8-8-24) and voltage on the RAM (1.21-1.45), and a BSOD still occurs.

One pass of memtest passes. Prime95 reboots the machine.

I have bumped up the timing to 9-9-9-27, and now my game runs unacceptably slow, but I have not seen a BSOD at that speed. Then again, at that speed, I did not play the game very long.

I am also watching the RAM intently in case it suddenly catches fire, and I have to put it out with a large hammer.

The set you show, the RipjawsX, call for DRAM voltage of 1.5, you show 1.21-1.45 above. Make sure you have the latest BIOS and try the 1.5 with XMP enabled, speed to 1600 and CR to 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My bad.

The voltage is and has been set to 1.5.

The QPI voltage is what was adjusted to 1.45.

BIOS is latest (FF).

Enabling XPM puts the speed at 1600 and the CR at 2.

BSOD perists.

Comment

Okay, try up at 1.55 for DRAM voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for all of your assistance!

Unfortunately, 1.54, 1.56, 1.58, and 1.6 all give me the BSOD.

Thanks!

Comment

What is CPU and MC voltage at?

Tman

Comment

I've loaded failsafe defaults for now and am trying 1333 speeds. That being the case,

CPU Vcore is at 1.225V.
              QPI Vtt is 1.175V

The MCH/ICH on my board are as follows:

PCIE: 1.5V
              QPI PLL 1.1V
              IOH Core 1.1V
              ICH I/O 1.5V
              ICH Core 1.1V

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require additional information.

Thanks!

Comment

Replacing board.

I installed other memory that yielded the same result, even at the lowest possible settings.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Keep us updated on how things turn out, sorry couldn't get it sorted out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X