dual channel ram with x58-ud7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual channel ram with x58-ud7

greetings, i am planning this ram - [ Ripjaws-X ] F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL which is a dual channel and made for newer core processors. the question is may i able to use it with my mobo? Gigabyte X58A-UD7? since this is the only memory i found in this country (papua new guinea), i really have to know... please help. i will buy 2 sets of this, which is 4 x 2GB. please help, thanks

processor

forgot to mention my processor. my cpu is - core i7 930

Comment

While a tri-channel or 4 stick set would be preferable, you should be able to get the two sets to run together in dual channel mode by populating slots 1,2,3,4 - this will enable dual channel mode. Their is no guarantee that the two set will work together, but they generally will, some take a little voltage or timing tweaking - if you try and have any problems get back to us.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        While a tri-channel or 4 stick set would be preferable, you should be able to get the two sets to run together in dual channel mode by populating slots 1,2,3,4 - this will enable dual channel mode. Their is no guarantee that the two set will work together, but they generally will, some take a little voltage or timing tweaking - if you try and have any problems get back to us.
        ahhhhh.. finally some heads up. thanks i will try it and if there is any problem i will get back here. and again, thanks

Comment

Yes, have to admit, had my head buried in the sand (actually over at the MSI forums (what a mess)....
          Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, have to admit, had my head buried in the sand (actually over at the MSI forums (what a mess)....
            Let us know how it goes
            ok, thanks. but will have to wait few more weeks.. short on "greens" right now will post it right away when i have the results. cheers

Comment

No problem, we'll be around, hopefully w/ head held high

Tman

Comment

No problem, we'll be around, hopefully w/ head held high
                i am BACK!!!!!! with good news!!!! i just bought the RAM in question - F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL (Ripjaws X) and installed it on slow 1, 2, 3 and 5 (according to the manual). and found out that it works!!!! flawlessly.. and guess what, CPUID verify it as "Triple Channel"!! hope this is a good news for anyone asking "do dual channel rams works with X58 mobo. cheers~~

Comment

Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing with us, this may be helpful to many of the members of the forums, Thanx again and Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing with us, this may be helpful to many of the members of the forums, Thanx again and Enjoy!
                    thank you~!

Comment

No problem, Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X