Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P8P67 Pro(Rev 3.0) F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL config question

Hello,
    I completed my new build a week ago. I've built PC's in the past but a lot has changed and I'm a NOOB when it comes to this latest stuff.
    I'm trying to get this build stable but I've have 2 BSOD's in the last 5 days. One was while in IE and another when I was deleting a file from Windows Explorer.
    I'm leaning towards the RAM as a culprit and from reading these forums I discovered I never configured the RAM for XMP just left it on Auto. Could this be an issue?

And to setup for XMP should I run the Clear RTC RAM procedure first?

Asus P8P67 Pro (rev 3.0) bios version 1502
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    8GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    Antec TP-650 power supply
    Cooler Master HAF 912 case

Please, any troubleshooting advise is greatly appreciated.

-Mike
    Last edited by Mike2011; 05-03-2011, 11:18 AM.

Yes, CLRTC, then try XMP. If still a problem, test one stick at a time to see if one is causing problems.

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I am running the latest BIOS. I went ahead with the CLRTC and set the BIOS to XMP and things seemed stable.
      I used Windows for various tasks last night for about five hours (installing software, moving files, etc) without issue and ran Prime95 this morning for 2 hours without issue.

Should I run MemTest too? Is MemTest comprehensive enough to verify that the RAM is okay or is there another piece of software I should run?

-Mike

Comment

Memtest86+ just tests for errors within the memory, but a stress test like Prime95 would overload the system, so it also tests your settings. If a stress test is stable, then your system is stable. Your daily usage is probably only 30% load compared to 100% of the stress test.

Sounds like the system will operate just fine now.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X