X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Originally posted by dajupe View Post
    When running 12 g.skill ddr3 (f3-12800cl9t) 1600 on a p6t deluxe. The memory defaults to 1033 mhz. To remidy this one must go into bios change the memory from auto (1033) to 1600. We are not done though. This is important!
    When doing this the dram voltage defaults up to 1.8v (check turbov) which (according to intel) is too much voltage, it will cause damage to the chip (max 1.5v). To remedy this go into the dram voltage and manualy change it to 1.5v (1.4v)
    Now before you reboot you must manually change the qpi/dram in bios to around 1.333. Before i did this my computer wouldn't boot at 1.5v dram. Done!
    Now if you test it in prime95 or whatever you will have a stable system running everything the way it should!
    we have to correct some things...
    all memory above DDR3 1333 needs to be set manually in BIOS, including DDR3 1600
    or it would only run at DDR3 1066, which is supported officially by Intel
    and the memory voltage should be set to 1.5-1.6v while running DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 2T
    1.5v is JEDEC standard memory voltage for DDR 3 memory module
    according to Intel datasheet, 1.65v is the maximum voltage for memory on Intel X58 chipset
    more than 1.65v may harm the CPU
    thanks

G.S

Leave a comment:

• far-cough
    replied
    what bios u running
    cause mine defaults to 1066 like u say but ram volts is 1.5 default
    any other setting u would like to share and what bios ????
    im getting memory is writing to read only memery error....
    dam this is bad for a new puter

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Thanks for sharing that, I'll save this one. Did you keep the timings at stock..or tweak them any?

Leave a comment:

• dajupe
    started a topic p6t deluxe 1600 defaulting at 1033 solution

p6t deluxe 1600 defaulting at 1033 solution

When running 12 g.skill ddr3 (f3-12800cl9t) 1600 on a p6t deluxe. The memory defaults to 1033 mhz. To remidy this one must go into bios change the memory from auto (1033) to 1600. We are not done though. This is important!
    When doing this the dram voltage defaults up to 1.8v (check turbov) which (according to intel) is too much voltage, it will cause damage to the chip (max 1.5v). To remedy this go into the dram voltage and manualy change it to 1.5v (1.4v)
    Now before you reboot you must manually change the qpi/dram in bios to around 1.333. Before i did this my computer wouldn't boot at 1.5v dram. Done!
    Now if you test it in prime95 or whatever you will have a stable system running everything the way it should!
Working...
X