• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8p67 + f3-10600cl9d-4gbnt

P8p67
    i5 25000k
    Gskill 2x2GB F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

New system I've just built and it keeps bsod with memory_management issues or locks up during startup.

Initially I thought it was windows and drivers issues but I think have ruled out this as I've formatted and reinstalled a several times.

Though I realised when I press the memok! button on the motherboard the computer can boot fine with no problems. Though if I turn off the system for an extended time period it will hang during the windows logo or BSOD/lockup during startup.

So I ended up testing the sticks seperately and together, and when the system is fine with the Memok! there are no errors. Though when the system BSOD/locksup and I test it, errors occur.

Also

1) there is no xmp option (I have flashed the bios)
    2) regardless what timings I setup it still bsod (I've been using auto mainly which makes it 9,9,9,24, 1 1.5v ( I have a feeling the CAS to 1 should be 2, but the auto setting makes it 1??)
    3) Tried clearing CMOS
    Last edited by jolo67; 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM.

You mention CAS is to 1, believe you are looking at Command Rate instead (CAS latency is the first number of your primary timings, with your set the first 9 in the 9-9-9-24 timing string, also identified in the model number by the 'CL9' designation), which yes should be to 2 (prob will show as 2T or 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Test one stick at a time to see if one is bad causing problems.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is this RAM meant to have XMP option?

I test the RAM after the computer BSOD (because when I test it when it is fine, there are no errors)

So I

Tested Stick A and B together in slot A2 and B2 and errors come up.

And then when i proceed to test each stick individually there are no errors...

Tested Stick A in A2 slot of motherboard and it was fine
        Tested Stick B in A2 slot of motherboard and it was fine

Tested Stick A in B2 slot of motherboard and it was fine
        Tested Stick B in B2 slot of motherboard and it was fine

However when I tested sticks in B2, Memtest would show that the Ram was running at 6,6,6,20 despite I manually set the settings to 9,9,9,24

Its weird when I just press the Memok button to config the RAM before I start the PC, it ends up being fine and no BSOD.

That confuses me in thinking if its the compatibility problem of the RAM and the motherboard.. of if its just the RAM/motherboard by itself.
        Last edited by jolo67; 04-24-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Have you checked the Command Rate?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yea I have.
            I meant Command Rate when I said CAS in the original post.

"However when I tested sticks in B2, Memtest would show that the Ram was running at 6,6,6,20 despite I manually set the settings to 9,9,9,24"

When I go in windows it does show the 9,9,9,24

Not sure why Memtest runs it at 6,6,6,20 and this only applies to slot B2
            Last edited by jolo67; 04-24-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Might be a bad stick or might be a bad slot in the mobo

Tman

Comment

The memory does not have XMP because it does not need it. It is within standard. Do you have the latest BIOS? What version memtest are you using?

Send them in for RMA if all else fails.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I ended up buying some f3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

(didn't buy the same ram in case of compatibility issues)

So I think it was the RAM as it was very temperamental when errors would occur/bsod.

Will RMA the original sticks and hope they will work with the new sticks as dual channel 8gb.

Otherwise I will have some spare sticks.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X