MSI H67MA-E35 1155 Mobo(B3),
    core I-5 2500k Sandy bridge,
    Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Ram set,
    Hitachi deskstar HDD,
    and a resued 4870x2

The computer seemed to run fine for a few days at 1333mhz,
    then out of the blue it started getting bsod: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. The computer will crash anywhere from
    10 minutes from startup to an hour, no matter what the usage conditions are.

I updated the bios a because it promised wider memory compatability, but nothing
    seems to have changed. Also as i have read in other posts, win 7 memory check seems to pass fine, but when booting memtest86+(latest),
    from cd, it freezes up consistently before it even gets started. I have tried using the
    default settings for the ram and also at 1066 and 800 speeds with relaxed timings and have even tried with mem voltage as high as 1.6 with no luck.
    I have had a great experience thus far with gskill and am reluctant to believe the ram is bad, but all indicators point that way.

Any insight would be immensely appreciated, as i know very VERY little about intel chipsets and have never had prior experience with ddr3 or sandy bridge mobos.

Thank you in advance,
    isonator04

Reset the BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins. Then try again. You can test one module at a time to see if one stick is causing the problem. If both have the same exact issue, it is tough to say. It may be a bad BIOS or something.. people have been having issues with new MSI motherboards.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

errr...

Thank you for your quick response.
      I have tested both sticks of ram individually in either slot and get the same problem. I just tested with prime95 for mem and all 4 cores fail in the first three test (rounding failed: 0.5, expected: 0.4)

I was under the impression that the problem might be with the motherboard because of all the problems with the sandy chipsets(storage and the like) I guess ill try to exchange the board with newegg for a different one and go from there. thanks again for your support.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

unsupported ram?

isonator04,

i am almost done finishing my new puter, same mobo and processor as you. i was googleing for memory to use when i stumbled on this post.

i am currently using some canibalized HP ram (4gb ddr3 pc10600) and it is working fine. but want to go to 8Gb. i found a doc on the MSI website listing certified ram. i do not see yours listed. yesterday i placed an order on newegg for F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH, it is on the MSI list. latency of 7...! and it was on sale too!

i will keep you posted.

here is the link to the MSI document: http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2325.pdf

Comment

MSI H67MA-E35 mobo with F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

it has been a few days now and i have not had any issues. the mobo did not detect the published timings of the ram, so i had to change the memory timings in bios; no biggie. win 7 pro 64bit reports a WEI of 7.7 for the ram!

Comment

Sounds like a winner, have fun!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X