Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill RipjawsX and Noctua NH-C14 compatibility

Hi everyone,

It's my first message on this forum. Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.

My question is quite simple : does anyone know whether the Noctua NH-C14 (the top-flow model, I'm not talking about the NH-D14!) with the two fans is compatible with the G.Skill RipjawsX modules?

I have already asked Noctua but they aren't totally sure about the compatibility. They think it's OK but, as I said, they aren't sure.

According to Noctua's website, the NH-C14 cooler has a 38mm clearance and according to some people on the Internet the RipjawsX modules are 40mm tall...

I wanna buy an Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard and an NZXT Phantom case. Do you think everything will fit with each other?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Maxwell1664; 03-11-2011, 05:22 AM.

If those measurements are correct, then you may need to make some modifications..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your answer. It's very difficult to make a decision...

Noctua's technical support told me that the RipjawsX modules are 38 mm tall but I read on the Internet that there are 40 or 41 mm tall... What is the true height?

The NH-C14 has a 38 mm cleareance (according to Noctua) but I found that on the Internet :

So according to the specifications, it shouldn't fit... and according to that picture it should fit perfectly (but they are Ripjaws modules... not RipjawsX).

Do I have to buy Corsair XMS 3 memories to be sure it will fit?

Comment

It's shown right there that they can fit...

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yeah man...

According to that picture it fits perfectly...

But how do you explain the theory aspect against the practice aspect. There is something wrong.... I have to buy them without having problem?

That is my question... nobody is able to answer it correctly.

Comment

If full height is 40mm, keep in mind some of that fits down in the DIMM slot, looks like it should be OK

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes you're right! And the CPU socket is a few millimeters tall so maybe it's the reason why it fits perfectly on the picture!

Thank you very much!

Comment

No problem (I hope), let us know how it goes, you got got a good cooler

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X