Asus P8P67 WS and Ripjaws/Ripjaws-X compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P8P67 WS and Ripjaws/Ripjaws-X compatibility

I'm looking to set up a new system consisting ofamong other components.

Spec wise both types of memory look dead identical, but the compatibility list for the 'regular' Ripjaws memory does not list any SandyBridge board at all, while the compatibility list for the Ripjaws-X does list all flavours of the Asus P8P67 motherboard except the 'WS Revolution' variant...

Now I'm a bit unsure which type of memory to use. Does the 'missing' listing of the P8P67 indicate a failed compatibility test for the Ripjaws-X or did you just not yet get to that test (thanks to the Intel B2 stepping snafu).
    And Asus does actually list the 'regular' Ripjaws as compatible in their excel sheets although with completely mismatching part number and kit sizes, but does not list the 'Ripjaws-X' in any compatibility sheet for any P8P67 board version (but again, most are from early to mid february and thus quite of of date).

If both memories are in fact identical performance wise then from a purely asthetical point I would very much rather go with the 'blue' Ripjaws-X since they would fit quite nicely with the board look.

So I'm a bit lost here and would greatly appreciate and input from somebody in the know - either someone at Gskill who can say "Sorry, out of luck" or "Haven't yet gotten to check that yet" or somebody else who might have setup a system with these components.

The RipjawsX are designed around SandyBridge, the regular Ripjaws will work also and are probably on ASUS's compatibility list as they have been around longer and ASUS hasn't gotten to testing the newer design yet. Both sets have been used by others with your mobo and a multitude of other SandyBridge mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

We did not get the board, so we don't list it, but either kit should be compatible.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello i hope its ok i am replying to this message instead of creating a new thread.

In short i am also getting the P8P67 WS Revolution along with a MSI GTX580 3Gb model

I am curious which of these 3 choices in Gskill would be the best for gaming considering the mobo i have choosen.

I had been wanting the 1866 speed in CL8 but there is only one choice for that
        F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM

my other options appear to be pc2-1600 in cl8
        F3-12800CL8Q-8GBRM
        or
        F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM

they seem the same except one is a 2x4GB and the other is 4x2GB. Does this make any difference in performance?

EDIT: i had also considered CL7 F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH but in benchmarks it seemed CL8 was the sweetspot for gaming?
        Last edited by stealthdf2; 06-27-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

The F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM would be a good set but if thinking 8 in any way would go with the F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH or the F3-12800CL8Q-8GBRM w/ preference to the CL7 set which is higher performance and should run fairly easily at 1866 with CL8.

If you go with 4x2GB you have 8GB, but no open slots...and...4 sticks is more strain to the MC (memory controller), with 2x4GB you can later expand to 16 if you want and with the CL7 set can OC it to a higher frequency than can the CL8 set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Great thanks for the advice. I think i will go with the F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH for longevity. You guys should urge newegg to grant a favorable deal July 4th. placing a big order this weekend

Comment

Order placed i hope to put this kit thru its paces and after reading how well Gskill takes care of its customers i have full confidence in the brand!
              i actually ordered some pc-5300 a few months ago and its been doing very well in my ultra 24 workstation

Comment

I'm sure they'll have some deals available, let us know how it goes and how you like the sticks

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X