Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No XMP with F3-12800CL7Q-8GBECO on Intel DP67BG

Hello everybody

I recently installed the G.Skill F3-12800CL7Q-8GBECO on an Intel DP67BG Board. Unfortunately it does not work with the provided "XMP-1600" profile. When I choose this profile the board fails to POST when checking the memory (I see the POST code on the board's LED flashing up before restarting). I reset the BIOS to use the AUTO profile, which means the RAM is now running on 1333MHz and CL9 and manually decreased voltage to 1.35V.

Is there a trick to get this to work using the XMP-1600 profile or what can I try?

Additionally, what are the exact settings for this RAM in the BIOS?
    The profile gives me the following settings in the BIOS:
    tCL 7
    tRCD 8
    tRP 7
    tRASmin 24
    tRFC 88
    tRRD 5
    tWR 12
    tWTR 6
    tRTP 6
    tRC 39
    tFAW 50
    Command Rate Auto (maybe it detects 1T? didn't try so far)
    Voltage 1.35V

Regards, Lucent
    Last edited by lucent; 03-05-2011, 09:10 AM. Reason: Added BIOS settings

I tried to set the Command Rate to 2T but that did not work out. Currently I am running the XMP-1600 profile with reduced multiplier from 12 to 10 (1333 MHz), which works fine.

But I still like to know, what the problem is, that prevents me from running the RAMs at full speed?!

Comment

Try one module at a time to see if both have the same problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, since I have four of these I tried it with different combinations. First I tried switching the two DIMMs in the middle to be sure I have tried 2 matching pairs. But no luck.
        After some turning off, switching DIMM, turning-on sessions i finally found that two of the DIMMs don't do the full speed. Could this be possible?

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Odd, but since you are having so many issues, try a new kit and see if that works better.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X