My settings are:
    Voltage to 1.5
    9-9-9-24 2T
    1600MHz
    Unganged Mode

System: AMD Phenom X2 965
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2x2GB) ***
    ASUS M4A89GTD PRO USB3

I have not touched any CPU voltage or clocks or anything, just ram because basically I just dont feel OC, I dont have much experience. But if I need to do it, I would as long as I have proper instructions.

I got these errors under Windows 7 64bit Home:
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The memories are ok because I tested them each one of them and they work. As I was reading other posts around here, I tried using them on single channels, and I could work with no problem. Currently I'm using ports B1 and B2.

I contacted Asus and they told me they tried this model with the settings I described (but in the VQL it says they run the ram at 1.6V The asustech guy told me to run it at 1.5V).

Bottomline, I have two questions:

1) I have another pair of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL, and I wish to know if I can use them (currently I cant because if I use double channel, it freezes, reboots, looses configuration).

2) What should be the correct settings, timings to make it run double channel.

If its too complicated well, I'll sell the second pair of RAM's and use them on single channels.

Thanks

Shouldn't be complicated!

Follow these instructions:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Let me know if that works, or if you have problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Will try that tonight, I'll let you know if it works, or if I have any questions.

Comment

Ok, tried what you told me, 8-8-8-24 2T and 1.5V failed for some reason.

So I configured this way:

I'm not sure of: CPU Voltage, CPU/NB Voltage. Could you check those?

Failed @ Prime95 :/
        Last edited by jdtfk; 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

May want to raise CPU/NB to around the 1.15 to 1.18 area
          Last edited by Tradesman; 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the assist.

Im using the 4 slots of Ram with these settings:
            CPU Ratio: 15
            CPU Bus: 240
            DRAM: 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24
            My Processor is clocked now at 3.6Ghz.

I followed your advice and now voltages are:

CPU: 1.38V
            CPU/NB: 1.6
            CPU VDDA: is Auto @ 2.49

DRAM: 1.6V (Im using 4 slots so I guess I should increase the voltage right?)

The other settings are the same as before, My doubts are how do you know within which range of Voltage you should work with these settings.
            Prime gave me BSOD. What should I raise (or lower)
            Last edited by jdtfk; 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

CPU-NB is much too high... this should be 1.15V.

DRAM Voltage is fine, you can probably even go lower.

Voltages can be tricky, the best way is to slowly work up from current value.

For example, CPU-NB Voltage is 1.10V default, you know the memory controller can be slightly over volted with 4 modules, so you raise it up to 1.15V to see if that is stable.. and so on..

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

As suggested, I set CPU-NB set to 1.15V
                DRAM I set it to 1.55V

The other settings I left them the same, so far so good. I was running Prime95 when I noticed CPU temps @70C, so I stopped the test. Where I live average temperatures are 32C, (pretty Hot) but still 70C is waaay too high, so I bought today some thermal paste.

At least it didn't BSOD after 15 minutes, so that's good Past configurations failed at 15 seconds.

Will run prime tests when the temperature is not so high and will get back at you.

Comment

Working...
                X