This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lunaticmik View Post
    To tell you the truth, I have no idea, but as been said by Sir nymnym, i think, i have some psu issues here. but i'm still waiting for his reply because when only one ram stick is inserted, i don't encounter BSODs but if both sticks are there, i encounter BSODs every 2 to 3 hours.
    Well it's obvious that 1 ram stick is bad because a 460 watt 80+ bronze psu is more than capable of running your current setup flawlessly.

Comment

• no sir, i think we have a misunderstanding here.

i have a 2x2gb 1600 ripjaws ram kit.

when both of them are inserted = i get BSODs.

when only 1 stick is inserted = everything is fine, no BSODs, no error, just a little slower (of course, only 2 gb is inserted)

Comment

• I didn't reply because I really don't know the answer. As I understand what you wrote, when you tried the ASUS PSU calculator, your result came in at 300 Watts. This means that my earlier guess that your PSU might be undersized was wrong. 450 Watts should be enough I think.

Now you find that your system runs fine on a single stick of memory, but not on two sticks.

Thing is, I don't know memory and memory issues like Tradesman. I do recall that he has recommended some memory tests in this thread. If you just skim through the thread, you should find recommendations for a test to determine whether the memory is defective (by testing each stick). Better yet you can probably find the memory test by using the "Search this Thread" link above (search for "test" or "memory test". The good news is that if one stick is bad, G.SKILL has a great lifetime warranty and will replace it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.

Regards.

__
        Last edited by nymnym; 07-09-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Try running Memtest on each stick individually, say 4-5 passes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• thanks to everyone, every effort of replying was appreciated. i'll test the sticks one by one and i'll just update you about the results. thanks! Godbless everyone!

Comment

• Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• I'm having a problem with the settings for my Gskill 8gb 1600 ram on my MSI 970a-G45 motherboard. I'm able to change all settings but the CPU-NB voltage; it just shows it as Auto, so I don't know what to set it to. I tried it without the +0.10v increase, and it worked fine for a day, but after that I got an Overclock Failed message.

Comment

• Try it at 1.2 initially

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                    Try it at 1.2 initially
                    Tried that, still got the overclocking failed message. Is it possible I have bad sticks?

Comment

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and Sabertooth 990FX MB

All,
                      I recently installed an FX-8150 CPU onto a Sabertooth 990FX board.
                      With my current RAM, what settings would you recommend I use to tweak the settings?

Thanks,

PS, CPUID states my RAM part # is 4GBRL, but I know I bought F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and MAX Bandwidth states "PC3-10700 (667 Mhz).
                      ASUS-SABERTOOTH 990FX
                      AMD FX-8150, 8 Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 8MB L2 Cache, 3.60GHz (4.20GHz Max Turbo)
                      16.0GB(4GBx4)1600Mhz, Ripjaws GSkill-F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                      EVGA GeForce GTX 580, SuperClocked Video Card
                      Cooler Master Hyper N520, Copper Heatpipe, CPU Cooler
                      Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 Modular 850W PSU
                      HP 24" HDMI Monitor
                      SAMSUNG 256GB SSD, OCZ SATA II 3.5 120GB SSD,
                      OCZ SATA II 2.5 SSD 60GB VERTEX 2

Comment

• Stock timings and voltage should be good 9-9-9-24, 2N, 1.5 to 1.55 - ON CPUID the 4GBRL is for an individual stick, and the Max Bandwidth is actually what CPUID/CPU-Z reads off the SPD of the sticks from the default boot speed of the stick, see my info post on CPU-Z here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Tman

Comment

• what is the allowed max voltage in this memor coz my board dont have exact volt of 1.5v its 1.54v?

Comment

• You don't say what sticks or mobo?

Tman

Comment

• Hi All;

I am looking to find out which type of G-skill Ram will work with my Mobo.

System Specs

MotherBoard - M5A99X EVO
                              CPU - AMD FX-4170 Quad Core Processor Socket AM3+ 4.20GHZ

I am looking for DDR3 1600 16g Kit with 2 - 8g Sticks if possible

Thanks

Mythen

Comment

• I'd suggest 1 or 2, either the CL9 Ripjaws X F3-1600C9D-16GXM, or my first choice would be the Snipers (also CL9) F3-1600C9D-16GSR

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X