Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have the 955 Black Editiion CPU? Do you have the latest BIOS? Seems like that motherboard does not have the option.

If CPU-NB Frequency is 10X 2000MHz max, then DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V should work best.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by Anton View Post
    I cant find a MIT page.

Are any of these relevent?

Comment

• Hello! Help please, my configuration is AMD Phenom2 1090T, meterinskaya card Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7, AMD Radeon 6990 video! Tell me please what kind of RAM G. SKILL I put for maximum performance? Samyang Lake I of Russia and a series of Flare is impossible to find! what else can be put to maximum stability and performance? Thank you very much!

Comment

• Serj,

It depends if you are experienced with AMD overclocking. As you can see in this thread, some people have issues, so it depends on your abilities. Since you are in Russia, it also depends on what is available in your area. Did you check your local dealer to see what they have available? Most G.Skill memory modules will be compatible, so you just need to find the good spec that you want.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Gskill tech

Thank you very much! about overclocking oput there but small! dostapna any memory in Moscow, but not a series of FLS! in the specification of memory, I read that only a series of FLS and RL are compatible with the processor AMD, is that so? or I choose Mogo and the more powerful? because in Russia there is a series of FLS mean just look for a series RL or possible moschnye, narimer series XLD? or all of the others only for Intel?

Comment

• You can use all of them. XL, XLD, XM, XMD, XH, XHD, RL, RM, RH, all no problem. The limitation will be your CPU, and your overclocking ability. For example, Phenom II 945 CPU can not do DDR3-2000. You need at least Black Edition. Hex core CPU is best and capable of DDR3-2000, but it can be difficult to set up in BIOS if you do not have experience. Advanced overclocking experience is necessary.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

• GSKILL TECH

Thank you very much! will try and lay out the results from the pleasure you have in the topic!

Comment

• hi, i take ripjaws X 16gb f3-12800cl9q-16gbxl, and i try to put memory in 9-9-9-24 1600 in AMD 955BE+gigabyte 890fxa-ud5 rev2.0, if i play bad company 2 or starcraft 2 close the game or crash the pc, with this error (kernel-power 41) i make some pictures to see the problem and tell me plz how to configure the bios to correct funcionality, ty, and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by karateca; 09-17-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• problem 1600

any help?, plz i need resolve this problem, thx

Comment

• You need to follow the guide, then post pictures of that. That way we can see if you missed anything or if anything is set incorrectly. You posted pictures of default, so it doesn't seem like you have done anything.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Problems with DDR3 1600

I followed the steps at the beginning of this thread in an attempt to get my ram to run at the proper 1600mhz. Yet I am still unable to get it to run stable at 1600 mhz like I would like.
                      My motherboard is the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X running a phenom II 965BE. I have a 2x4 gb set up, they run fine at the default speeds but once I try and set them to 1600 I can't boot into windows anymore. Any suggestions?

Comment

• With the proper settings (based on this guide), test one at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems.

If you can, post pictures of BIOS at DDR3-1600 and we can check to see if something is incorrect.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Hi there,

I don't build PCs very often, so this is all new to me. I've never had a problem with memory or anything, but I'm having some problems with my latest new build.

Complete spec is:

Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard
                          AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
                          G.SKILL RipJaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL memory
                          Asus GeForce EN210 512MB graphics card
                          Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

It keeps locking up on me, usually after 10-15 minutes, but sometimes not even that. I've changed the settings detailed in this thread, but it doesn't even get as far as logging into Windows now!

I also have a high pitched squeal coming from the case somewhere that freezes it's tone when the machine locks up. I don't know if this is related, but it's really annoying...

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can resolve this? I've seen a thread on Toms Hardware with the same issue with the same setup, but no answers there...

Comment

• Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Test each module with the correct settings to see if one may be bad causing problems.

You can also use the DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V fail proof settings as these should work just as well.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I have made sure I have the latest BIOS, as this was one of my first thoughts but it has made no difference...

I'll see if I can work out how to do that setup. As you may see in the separate thread I made, I have no idea what I'm doing as I've never had to do any manual settings for memory before

Comment

• Hello everyone!!! Im having trouble getting my computer to start with my new gskill memories. When i install them, the computer doesnt even turns on the screen, nothing, nada!! Everything seems to work, PSU on, all the coolers on the case are spinning, HD too.. but the ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED) stays tilt on CPU

My configuration:

Asus M5A99X EVO 990X Sata3 USB3 (UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode))
                                GSkill DDR3 2x2Gb 1600Mhz Ripjaws
                                AMD Phenom II 965 3.4Ghz X4 Black Edition AM3
                                Cooler Master GX 750w

The thing is, that my computer starts randomly, I could spend for over 15 minutes switching on/off until I get a decent boot. BIOS is set as default, I have only changed the voltage to 1.5v and according to the BIOS info, they're running at 1600mhz. I dont have problems once the pc boots, everything works perfectly without temperature issues or what so ever.

I already changed the PSU, I have also used the MemOK! button and so on... I've read every forum about motherboard issues on ASUS's forum and I come here, trying to get an explanation or an idea about this problem, before I claim the RMA.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X