This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think it should, yes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Hello,

This forum seems very helpful, so I thought I'd ask for some help with my DDR3 1600 Ripjaws (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL). I bought them for my first PC build in December and for the most part, I'm very happy.

Unfortunately, I have some system instability. It's odd because I can't reproduce it very well, but every couple days or so my PC will hang without a BSOD or Error Log message and need a hard reset. It seems to happen the most with YouTube videos and Starcraft 2, but has never happened in Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, or Skyrim. I followed the guide here but it has not resolved the problem. Oh, my processor is a 965 BE.

Here are my settings:
      Type DDR3
      Size 8192 MBytes
      Channels # Dual
      DRAM Frequency 800.0 MHz
      CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
      RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
      RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
      Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
      Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 33 clocks
      Command Rate (CR) 2T

Also, here are my voltages and frequencies:
      HT Bus Speed: 2400 MHz
      NB Speed: 2400 MHz
      CPU NB Voltage: 1.2 V
      DRAM Voltage: 1.51 V
      NB Voltage: 1.145 V
      HT Voltage 1.21 V

Thank you for your help,
      Scott

Comment

• Try with DRAM at 1.55 and CPU/NB at 1.25

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Thanks for your quick reply! I set it to that and we'll see if I have a hang in the next couple days!

Comment

• I have an AMD Athlon II X2 265 overclocked to 3.66GHz. I bought the F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL kit with my ASUS M5A78L-M LX motherboard. Due to the limitations of my CPU I can't run at 1600MHz. I've tried everything but can't get them to run at anything other than single channel 800MHz. How would I set up my BIOS to run 1600MHz dual channel, or even 1333MHz dual channel without BSOD?

Comment

• Think 1333 is a maybe, could try adding about + 0.07 to DRAM voltage and + 0.1 to + 0.15 to CPU/NB voltage.....The CPU itself is rated up to 1066 at 1 stick per channel or 800 (it's native DRAM freq) with 4 sticks

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Think 1333 is a maybe, could try adding about + 0.07 to DRAM voltage and + 0.1 to + 0.15 to CPU/NB voltage.....The CPU itself is rated up to 1066 at 1 stick per channel or 800 (it's native DRAM freq) with 4 sticks
                I tried raising the DRAM voltage all the way up to 1.6 and I couldn't even boot into windows without a crash. I have it smoothly running at 600MHz. Frowny face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  Try with DRAM at 1.55 and CPU/NB at 1.25
                  Unfortunately, I just had another hang. No BSOD or Error Log message, just a hard freeze that I have to manually reboot. This happened in Starcraft 2 again.

Any advice?

Comment

• If happening in a particular game, may have to do w/ the video driver, might make sure you have the latest...and if so try a beta or back off a version can normally find newest, betas and older versions of both AMD and nVidia at GURU3D.COM

Tman

Comment

• Lazarus65,

Did you try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                        Lazarus65,

Did you try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V?

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH
                        Yeah. So far I've tried every timing configuration I've found so far, with no luck. I am able to get 800Mhz each stick, but it will only run in single channel. Fortunately 800MHz single channel is still faster than 600MHz dual channel. I guess I'll just have to update my CPU and see if I can achieve a better timing.

Comment

• Actually dual channel 667MHz is faster. So dual channel does work?

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            Actually dual channel 667MHz is faster. So dual channel does work?

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH
                            Dual channel only works if I set the memory frequency to 533MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z reads between 589 and 600MHz. If I set it 800MHz it will revert to single channel and CPU-Z reads it at 867MHz. I think when I overclock my CPU it also overclocks the RAM.

Comment

• That's strange, as long as the memory is installed in the correct slots, it should be dual channel..

It may be a CPU problem if the number of channels change based on frequency.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Might want to check CPU for bent/broken pins....if any are bent, can generally straighten them with a couple of razor blades

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X