X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bladesman83
    replied
    Is there a particular reason why the instructions say to set the HT link @ 2400? I always thought you were meant to keep it at the stock 2000.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    A lot of mobos want to use that first or second slot nearest the CPU as the primary placement, mix that with big CPU coolers and can often cause problems

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    edit : WOW it works now, i just had to change the position of my second module of 2gb. My motherboard has a big problem, 2 of the 4 emplacements for memory are dead, that's why it crashed everytime ! I didn't test this socket before because it was "hidden" by my CPU fan, i had to uninstall the fan to put my module... But now all work perfectly and it stable as a rock at 1333Mhz 8-8-8-24 !
    Thank's again guys

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    Originally posted by RamJam View Post
    You've got 1600/CL9, so at 1333 I'd try 8-8-8-24, 2N or 2T and DRAM voltage at 1.55 and see what that does
    Thx but i already tried this, it works with 2gb but not 4... The system didn't even POST

Leave a comment:

• RamJam
    replied
    You've got 1600/CL9, so at 1333 I'd try 8-8-8-24, 2N or 2T and DRAM voltage at 1.55 and see what that does

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    lastgreatsea,
    Nytrix,

DDR3-1066 7-7-7-21 1.50V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Thank's but it doesn't work on my machine... I've got a big problem for sure now.

What is timings for 1333Mhz plz ?

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    lastgreatsea,

In addition to basic DRAM settings, increase CPU-NB +0.1V-0.15V and that should stabilize the system.

Nytrix,

DDR3-1066 7-7-7-21 1.50V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    And for 1066Mhz frequency, what timings do you recommand to use ? And what about voltages, NB frequency etc ?
    Thx alot

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    If not wanting to try 1.3 on CPU/NB can try upping DRAM voltage to 1.55

Leave a comment:

• lastgreatsea
    replied
    Hi I recently bought another set of Model Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2x2GB sticks to add to my computer totalling the ram to 8GB after installing. I have the 2 sticks already installed with DDR3-1600, 9-9-9-24-2T, and DRAM Voltage 1.50V. Everything else on the motherboard is set to auto so I haven't changed any of the settings you mentioned in the first post like the CPU-NB Freq, HT Link,and the CPU-NB voltage. I haven't touched anything in the RAM since I built this computer a while back and have no clue on how to set it up in the bios after installing the additional 2GB of RAM.

This is what I have
    CPU : AMD A8-3850
    Motherboard : ASRock A75 Pro4-M
    RAM : 2x2GB

Basically what I am asking is how to set up my system after making it 4x2GB RAM. I am really clueless on setting up or finding these settings in the Bios.

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    What do you mean, you thing about the frequency or the voltage ?
    Because for voltage i only can increase one by one, not 0.5 by 0.5v :/ And i read it's not very safe to run a NB voltage at 1.3v

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Could try the CPU/NB up another + 0.05

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    Yes i guess... it's strange because @1066Mhz i can get my 4Gb but not @1333Mhz :s
    How i know if it's my motherboard or my CPU causing trouble ?
    Last edited by Nytrix; 10-18-2012, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    No, just inputting DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V should work.

Those are fail safe settings, so something is bad if that does not work.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Nytrix
    replied
    Oh no, i hope it's not this...
    Other thing strange : When I put timings on AUTO (so for 1333Mhz it's 8-8-8-24) it works. But when I put manually 8-8-8-24 in the BIOS it doesn't boot, whereas timings are exactly the same!!
    Do I have to up again the northebridge frequency and the HT link frequency (for the moment they are at 2000Mhz for both, and at normal Northbridge Voltage (1.1v) ) for supporting my other 2Gb module?
    Last edited by Nytrix; 10-18-2012, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X