Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay thanks. Prime95 blend is still running without errors.
    If I don't enable that, the latencies are set to 11-11-11-28 or so, can't remember exactly.

Edit: So far so good, did a 2 hour test with Prime95 and gamed another few hours and no problems so far.
    Now, that stability seems to be a reality, as Tradesman said suggest, what timing can I safely tweak to get them tighter, if any. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Tiki; 05-31-2012, 05:30 PM. Reason: Update
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 B.E. / CM Hyper 212+
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 rev 1.1 (F9)
    G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
    Intel SSD 320 40GB & WD Caviar Black 1002FAEX
    Corsair 400R w/ R4-S2S-12AK-GP / Corsair TX850M
    Acer S232HL / A4Tech X7 G800 / A4Tech XL 747H
    SteelSeries QcK / Edifier R201 / A4Tech HS-800

Comment

• You should at least set them first, like I said, you need to take it off EOCP then manually input settings.

To improve timings, set voltage to 1.65V, then try 7-8-8-24, 7-8-7-24, 6-8-7-24, and so on to see what your memory can do.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Actually, I'm running stable for a day @ 7-7-7-22 1T, the voltage is set @ 1.500v but it shows that it only gets 1.485v for some reason.

Edit: Corrected the timings.

Edit: This are my current settings that are stable.

I'll try to see if I can tight them even more. Thanks for the help.
        Last edited by Tiki; 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM. Reason: Update
        Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

Comment

• Oh very nice! Good kit then.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Any lower then that 7-7-7 failed to even POST, I reckon that those are some sweet timings already, as you said I got lucky with a good kit, so I'm happy with them.

One last question, just out of curiosity: ?TrFc1, what is it exactly and is 160 "good" or "bad"? That option always puzzled me.
            Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

Comment

• 160ns is good, it is normal.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

• PC freezes randomly

My PC freezes randomly after hours of use, have to hold down the power button till it powers down then power it back on again to get it going .I'm trying to figure out if it's the ram settings or the cpu overclock.RAM timing 9-9-9-24 1.5v CPU-NB Frequency 2400MHz 1.2v and for the cpu multi 20x bus speed 200 vcore 1.38 cpuz shows 1.37v HT Link Frequency AUTO but shows 2200Mhz on cpuz turbo disable CnQ & C1E enabled.It has never froze on default setting in the BIOS where the ram speed is 1600Mhz and timing is 11-11-11-28 on default and cpu speed is 3.GHz 1.2v CPU-NB Frequency AUTO 1.1v.I'm wondering should i increase HT Link Frequency to 2400MHz and if so should i increase the HT voltage or leave it on auto.

System specs:AMD Phenom II X4 960T @4.0Ghz 1.38v
                G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+
                EVGA 9800GT Akimbo
                Antec HCG-520watt
                Cooler Master TX3 CPU cooler
                WD 750GB HDD
                LG DVD burner

Comment

• Id first look at raising the CPU/NB voltage a tad ( + .04) or so, if no joy, raise the DRAM voltage about + .05), many of the AMD CPUs don't like 1600 and up DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Thanks for the timely response tradesman however would u recommend running this ram @ 1333MHz with 8-8-8-24 or 9-9-9-24 timings instead because I don't mind sacrificing a little speed for stability.

Comment

• Give it a try and let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• I will but could you tell me the recommended timings @ 1333MHz?

Comment

• Hi, I recently upgraded to an SSD and subsequently I have picked up the OC itch.
                          As I use the Ripjaws x ( 4x2GB) DDR3 PC12800 and I have an Asus M4A785TD-evo I was interested in your post.
                          I have used both the DRAM freq set to 667MHz and 800MHz, with settings of 9-9-9-24. Although for the 800MHz case I am trying 8-8-8-24 ( so far no problems )
                          I would not like to change the mobo speeds. The reason is that the asus has an "EPU" program that boost the performance. but in doing so the fans run faster and louder hence not enjoyble long term.
                          so prefer a system control solution rather than changing bios.
                          (The turbo function does not change RAM settings.)
                          I read that some 1600 are basically the same as 1333 memory but just the manufacturers guarentee them. I also read that increasing the voltage may actually reduce the speed ?
                          The reason I am trying to improve the ram performance is that with the new SSD I am turning into a WEI geek ( sad I know )
                          My ram rating is 7.5 , which is brill but wanted to explore other settings other than adjusting bus speeds.
                          Thanks

CPU AMD Phenum II 3GHz Quad , SSD Sandisk 120GB extreme

Comment

• Guessing the Phenom 940? If so running the sticks at 1600 is doing well, Think to do any better with the DRAM will require an OC and definitely higher voltages....Normally recommend at least a 965 for 4 sticks at 1600 - hope this helps

Tman

Comment

• Thank you for the reply,
                              CPU is actually 938 It was a dual but I was lucky to unlock 4 cores.
                              OC itch is dying now, well untill i get new mobo. and faster ram.
                              thanks.

Comment

• The CPU may OC well, the problem is the MC (Memory Controller) in the CPU can't handle faster DRAM, don't have to OC both CPU and DRAM.....The CPU is what really provides the bulk of performance in an OC

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X