• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cl6 @ 1.5v /1.35V @cl7 dont work.

cl8 worked fine for 1376 Mhz.
    cl7 not for 1718 Mhz.

cl7 / 1376 Mhz / - 1.5V

Linx64 + 2x memtest + BTC-Mining @ Diff2
    Last edited by AramisCortess; 08-25-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• after i got the 2nd 2x2 gb kit i figured out my timings.
      1.5V / 1376Mhz / cl 7-7-7-21 1T / 4x2GB --> F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM

any ideas why i should try to optimize?

i also tried:
      1.5V / 1376Mhz / cl 6-7-6-18 1T --> Memtest Stable but not Windows Stable
      1.5V / 1718Mhz / cl9 --> runs fine, but i think 1376-cl7 is better for me.

Maybe i should try to go for 1.6V / 1718Mhz / @ cl8?

Comment

• Heres my current build

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3
        CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
        GPU: SAPPHIRE 100338L Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit
        RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800
        HDD: SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5
        PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
        Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
        Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1

http://i.imgur.com/lpQlo.png

I had issues with 2T-9-9-9-24
        I am now running at T2-8-8-8-24
        System would not resume from sleep (blue screened or wouldnt wake up)
        Prime95 ran for over 10 hours without issues.
        Last edited by beware; 09-03-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Thank you so much for posting method 2. I didn't like using method 1 before, because it would not play nice with ASUS's Turbo V Unlocker, and would result in blue screens. Method 2 works great, and increased my WEI by .3 points, so I'm guessing it's registering as faster than the settings I was using previously.

Comment

• Bios settings for Asus M4A88T-M

Noob here,

Build:
            Asus M4A88T-M/USB
            AMD Phenom II x 4 3.2Ghz
            G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Any help with the Bios settings for my new build would be appreciated.

I was trying to follow the guide at the begining of this thread but some of my bios settings don't make sense.

Cheers in advance.

Comment

• @Anton
              Your settings should be ok for F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL. Do you have any problems with auto settings like stability etc ?
              SPD is correct for my board so all on auto , 1600 , CR 2 and 1.5V . I'm using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 board.
              So far it's running fine with 2 kits ( 4x4GB ) so 16GB 8-8-7-24 2N 1.5V and no problems in 3 days. I didn't check memtest but it seems stable and I'm still playing with sub timings.

Comment

• Thanks Woomack for the reply,

The memory did seem to run ok on Auto, it was reading this thread that got me thinking I might not be getting the best out of my RAM.

My SPD readings are the same as yours like for like in slot#1, I'll be honest though I don't really know what I'm looking out for there so wouldn't know if that was good or not.

I was trying to follow method#2 at the begining of this thread and couldn't see how to set the CPU-NB freq to 2400mhz as I don't know what multiplier to set.

Also I didn't know what the default voltage for my CPU was so I could up it by 0.10v.

I'd just like to run the system as best I can, however I am not having any stability issues with my current settings.

Comment

• CPU-NB Frequency should be 12X. CPU bus host frequency 200 x 12 = 2400MHz

CPU-NB Voltage is the one that needs to be adjusted, not CPU Voltage or CPU VCore.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

• AramisCortess,

1.5V / 1376Mhz / cl 7-7-7-21 1T / 4x2GB --> F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM

Did that work stable?

Your tWR and Command Rate is very tight for two kits.

1.6V / 1718Mhz / @ cl8

You can give this a try. Benchmark these settings and see which is best.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Ok one last thing and I know this has been mentioned in a previous post if my CPU-NB freq has a maximum of x10 I'm assuming I need to increase my CPU host freq to 240, where can I find this in my BIOS?

Comment

• Should be in the beginning of MIT page.
                        Post a picture and I can locate it.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

• I cant find a MIT page.

Are any of these relevent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton View Post
                            I cant find a MIT page.

Are any of these relevent?

It's the Processor frequency multiplier.

Comment

• DDR3 Ram

I think Gskill should make Guide Video of G.Skill DDR3-1600 Set Up Bios , Should be better for all of us!

Comment

• .................................................. ............

OKAY I'll think about it, come on, it's not that difficult.

It would basically be a voice guide, reading this guide.. The picture wouldn't do much, there are already pictures everywhere. But if you really think it would help, maybe I'll do a quick one with my cell phone. Sorry, 3D, HD guide would be over doing it. haha

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH
                                Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-14-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X