X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    estebanworld,

Test one at a time, or slightly raise DRAM Voltage to see if it stabilizes the system.

GSKILL TECH
    hi again, i am not sure what i am suppossed to try "one a time",Do you mean the CPU Ratio 15X, CPU Voltage AUTO, CPU/NB Voltage 1.15V, DRAM Voltage 1.50V ?, let me know . The DRAM voltage should be increased by + 0.05 at a time right? Please correct me.

thanks for your help, this is the most helpful forum i have ever been into!
    ----------------------------------------------
    Phenom II x6 1090T Black Ed.
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL DD3 1600 PC3
    Windows 7 64 bit

Comment

• PotatoCat,

Use a memory benchmark test to see which is faster on your system.

estebanworld,

I mean test one module at a time to make sure one is not causing the problems. If you are to raise DRAM Voltage, +0.05V increment is correct.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

• hey guys. i have 8gb of this ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231193 in this mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130223 the blue slots are running at 1600, but the black slots are only running at 1333. im all out of ideas on how to fix this. tried to fix the timings manually but in the bios it only gives me the option to change 2. (yes running latest bios)

any suggestions

Comment

• There are only two channels, so you only need to change two. The BIOS settings are not for each module/slot.

Did you change CPU Host Frequency like stated in this guide?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

PotatoCat,

Use a memory benchmark test to see which is faster on your system.

estebanworld,

I mean test one module at a time to make sure one is not causing the problems. If you are to raise DRAM Voltage, +0.05V increment is correct.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            i have a question, this Motherboard (M4A89GTD PRO USB 3) has a "Turbo Key II Swith" that "auto-tunes your CPU to enhance system performance"... should this be on or off?

I have increase the voltage up to 1.6 and continues to freeze. I tried one module at a time and I had always the same result: it would either freeze or the PC would just shut off suddenly.

please help me!!! thanks!
            Last edited by estebanworld; 07-07-2011, 03:21 PM.
            Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
            Windows 7 64 bit

Comment

• F3-12800cl7d-8gbrh

AMD PhenomII 1100T
              Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3 rev3.1

Hello to all,

I have followed all the instructions at the beginning of this thread to the best of my ability and have been unable to boot into windows.

The ram is on the supported list for the mobo. It is completely stable at mobo auto settings and speeds and manually entered timings at 1333 Mhz.

Crashed at 1.6 dram volts. Raised cpu-nb vid 0.1 volt- no help. Should I begin to raise the V-
              core voltage?

I have read that it is tricky to OC 2X4GBs sticks. Could this contributing to my problems?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Comment

• no 1600MHz option on MB ?

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3
                RAM: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM rated 7-8-7-24-2N
                CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz quad core

Here's the issue. The motherboard specs say "DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066." Meanwhile the memory specs say "DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)" Does this mean that I can't set the memory speed in the BIOS to 1600? my choices are either 1866 or 1333?

I've not done any overclocking before, and a lot of the guides I've read are several years old. The parts are arriving tomorrow and I plan to install the OS and do some stress tests before going back into the BIOS and messing around. My main goal is to get the memory running at its rated speed and timings. If I have to OC the cpu a bit then thats fine too, since the black edition seems to be built with OC in mind, although I don't want to go crazy since I haven't picked out an aftermarket heatsink yet.

Of course, after writing this whole post, it seems like if I just follow the guide, everything will work out fine.

Comment

• estebanworld,

You can disable any performance enhancing features first.

Did you memtest86+ the modules? If they contain errors, send them in for RMA. If they do not show errors, try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V.

silverback,

Test one module at a time to make sure neither is bad. V-Core correlates with CPU Frequency, so it will not help your situation. OC can be tricky, but you are not even OCing, this is just setting up basic DDR3-1600.

slothen,

You can set it anything in between, so DDR3-1600 can be easily achieved with this guide.

haha, it should work out fine, but as you can see above, people can still have issues no matter what.

Either way, there is plenty of help on this forum, so no worries.

Edit: To answer your question more specifically, there is a base clock and memory multipliers. Default is 200 x 6.66 = DDR3-1333. Your CPU does support 200 x 8.00 = DDR3-1600, but you will not be using that. Instead, you will raise base clock to overclock, since this method overclocks other things such as NB Frequency and HT Frequency that are necessary for perfect DDR3-1600 operation. CPU Frequency also goes up, so you would need to lower that to your desired or default frequency. You can use the 200 x 8.00 setting as well, but you will need to adjust the NB and HT frequencies manually.

So if you wanted frequencies in between, you could simply adjust the base clock. 220 x 6.66 = DDR3-1465, 230 x 6.66 = DDR3-1532, just a couple examples to show that you are not limited to what the motherboard box says.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• F3-12800cl7d-8gbrh cont.

Thanks for your reply

As you suggested I tested one module at a time and got the blue screen with both.

I would also add that with both modules in and the CPU Host Frequency at 225 I was able to

run Windows. At 230 I got the blue screen. Are there any other suggestions please?

Comment

• Might try at 8-8-8-24, CR 2N, DRAM voltage at 1.65, NB/CPU voltage at 1.2 - see how that does

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

estebanworld,

You can disable any performance enhancing features first.

Did you memtest86+ the modules? If they contain errors, send them in for RMA. If they do not show errors, try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V.
                        I have been testing the modules for almost 24 hours now! good thing is that no errors! so i will stop it and try CL8 config. so my questions is, Do i leave CPU ratio to 15.0? CPU bus frequency to 200 or 240? CPU Voltage AUTO and CPU/NB Voltage 1.15V?

thanks!
                        Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
                        Windows 7 64 bit

Comment

• Yes, CPU Ratio is fine. CPU bus frequency 200. All voltages can be AUTO.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Do I still have to go into the BIOS settings and change configurations to get my memory to clock to 1600mhz? When I looked at the BIOS it said the memory was already clocked at that frequency and even when I use CPU-Z and Passmark they also say the same.

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
                            RAM - G.Skill F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL 9-9-9-24N timings
                            Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

I'm happy to say I ran memtest86+ for 15 hours and received no errors.

Comment

• I again, well it still freezes. I have at 1333mhz cl8. I checked the BIOS sepcs and it says " DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory" do i have the wrong RAM?

if not, i guess i shoudl try to make it work at 1333? how? thanks!
                              Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
                              Windows 7 64 bit

Comment

• Upgraded my CPU, still having issues...

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought a Phenom II 965BE processor, and using the guide and other suggestions further on, was able to determine that one memory module is probably a little under spec to run at 1600. My system is very solid at a reference frequency of 235, which gets my memory running at DDR3 1560 @ 9-9-9-24-1T @1.5V, using a CPU/NB of 1.15V, everything else on Auto. All my attempts to get my memory running @ DDR3 1600 results in 1 out of the 4 modules not posting (12GB post instead of 16GB), and I've already swapped the pairs in the memory slots with no change, as well as pushed the various voltages as high as I feel comfortable with, considering this is a stock setting at the desired frequency according to the guide. My question is whether I should request an RMA for all 4 modules and ask if GSkill would be willing to send me a 4x4GB matched set, that would probably be more capable of meeting the stock speeds, or if I should try and test to see which memory module is defective and only send that pair back. If the latter is the route that is suggested, could you provide me with an easy way of finding that defective module? I've already determined the memory runs fine at the fail-safe settings, just not at the DDR3-1600 settings.

CPU: Phenom II x4 965 BE
                                Mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65
                                RAM: 2 kits of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

Thanks for the assistance!
                                -z

Comment

Working...
                                X