Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9-4GBRL running at 1333 mhz, not 1600 mhz

GSKILL Support,

I am in need of your help. I just assembled a new build using four of the F3-12800CL9-4GBRL chips and while the system recognizes all of the chips, it is recognizing them @ 1333mhz, not the expected 1600mhz. the system is also rather unstable when trying to utilize large amounts of ram, however memtest completed successfully.

System Info:

16gb (4 DIMMs) F3-12800CL9-4GBRL RAM
    Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard running 1240 bios rev
    intel i7-2600k cpu
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    1.5V DRAM

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

anyone? bueler?

Comment

The BIOS is defaulting to 1333, need to set it up to 1600, can do it through XMP

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

when i do that via XMP, the system becomes unstable and sometimes only recognizes 8gb ram or will hang..

thoughts?

Comment

May have to add a bit of voltage to the DRAM itself .02 to .04

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I has exactly the same issue juste a few topics under, do i have to do the same thing? I don't nknow anything about voltage, what you suggest is eally safe?

Comment

ok. XMP @ 1600 mhz with voltage @ 1.54v. seems stable but SPD max bandwidth still reporting as pc3-10700 (667mhz)

is this correct?

Comment

Might get the new version of CPU-Z and see what it shows it will show base frequency so if set up for 1600 should show 800 in the memory tab.

Comment

Originally posted by grayca View Post
                  ok. XMP @ 1600 mhz with voltage @ 1.54v. seems stable but SPD max bandwidth still reporting as pc3-10700 (667mhz)

is this correct?
                  That is correct, and it will never change. You need to look in the memory tab of CPU-z, those are the actual current operating values.

DRAM Frequency should show ~800MHz, 9-9-9-24.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you. I think it's all workign right and stable now. Much appreciated.

Comment

I'm sorry to post here again, mais but i still have the same problem, and have exactl the same config that grayca, but i don't have a pro p8p67.

i tried to put 1.54v on the ram, it worked, first, but then after several boots, i had boot failure, and the voltage put itself in auto.

I don't understand what mistake i did. I didn't put manually the timing, there were writen, and were the right one.

What can i do?

Comment

Same thing as everybody else, input the settings for your memory, then see how it works.

If you have a problem, create a new thread with your hardware specs so we can help troubleshoot.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK thank you! But i mad a topic, which is lost in the third ou fourth page i think!

Here!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7570
                          Last edited by Iwao; 02-03-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X