Overclocking And F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS on Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking And F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS on Asus P8P67 Deluxe

I just got off the phone with newegg and G. Skill tech support (which was awesome by the way) in regards to sending back the F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS kit I got. I was looking at replacing it with the F3-17600CL7D-4GBXHD kit which is said to be compatible with my mobo on G. Skill's website. The reason I was going to do this was because it appeared the memory was unstable for overclocking. I could push my blck to 106 and ratio to 44 with mem at 2260 and be ok. Anything over that would not work. At any rate nowhere close to what I have been seeing others doing with the new 2600k. I was thinking it might be the ram (given it wasn't on the QVL from Asus) causing the instability. The cool guy I spoke with at tech support said the kit I have should work fine and that there wasn't much of a difference between the two. So that leaves me wondering what I am doing wrong with my overclocking. I would really appreciate any feedback before my RMA runs out with newegg. What should I be doing with voltage, frequency and timing to get the most out of this kit on a Sandybridge system? Cheers to anyone who can help this noob. Thanks.

Raise VCCIO Voltage. This is the memory controller voltage and it can help support higher memory frequencies (overclocking). You may want to read into some P67 overclocking guides to get a better idea.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X