No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL + ASUS Rampage III Formula + Core i7 980x -- bios settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL + ASUS Rampage III Formula + Core i7 980x -- bios settings

RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL (6 x 4GB)
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Formula (bios version 0505)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 980x

Hi,

I'm having trouble achieving the rated specs for my ram. The motherboard defaults the ram to 1333MHz at 1.667v instead of the ram's rated specs of 1600MHz at 1.5v. When I attempt to change the settings to achieve the rated specs, the computer won't start (won't POST). What are the bios settings I should be using to achieve 1600MHz?

Furthermore, I've read that I shouldn't use voltages over 1.65v or I risk damaging my CPU. Is that correct? Also, how do I make sure I'm running in X.M.P.?

Thanks,
    Brad

Believe it's in the AI Tweaker in your BIOS, XMP profile to F10 and vmem to 1.63, base timings to stock, CR to 2 - if any problems may have to adjust voltages (and 1.65 is a safe threshold to stay at)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With XMP enabled, make sure QPI/DRAM Core Voltage is AUTO. Some ASUS motherboards sets this to 1.40V, but it is too high for DDR3-1600. The best thing to do is test for the lowest stable voltage.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X