Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman
    replied
    They will normally accept a single bad stick, can ref this thread if you want to let them see what has happened and what all was tried. It's:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7150&page=2

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    I will shoot them an e-mail. My concern is that if I return it, I'll probably have to send both sticks in, as they were a sold together. I am hoping that if I RMA, I will be able to retain the functional one so that I can still use my machine.

Thank you so much for your help, Tradesman. You're amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Sounds like a bad stick can try where you purchased or to RMA contact GSkill at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) can find the base info on their web page www.gskill.com.

They should be in Monday (normally off on weekends

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    I swapped out the functioning piece with the erroring piece, set Timing to 2N and ran mem test. Errors still came up. Swapped the other stick back in and set it back to 1N.

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    Set it to 2N and then run memtest on the bad stick? Just want to be clear before I try it :X

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Try timing mode at 2N

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    Just decided to make a new post since this is a fair amount of info. Let me know if you need more info!

D-RAM Timing Control

CAS# latency - 9
    Ras# latency - 9
    ras# pre - 9
    ras # act 24
    ras to ras 4
    ref cycle 74
    write recovery 10
    read to pre 7
    four act win 20
    back to back cas# 0

Timing Mode - 1n
    round trip latency on cha 0
    round trip on chb 47

VOLTAGES -- Note these are all set to auto on my mobo - just wrote down voltage at the time, they were fluctuating a bit

CPU volt - 1.128
    IMC volt - 1.115
    DRAm - 1.55
    CPU PLL - 1.806
    PCH - 1.053

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    I am going to get the info for you now Tradesman. Will edit this post in a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Could try with a slight (+.05) voltage increase on the DRAM and/or possible either a slight increase or decrease in the QPI/VTT voltage....if you can post your DRAM Settings and system voltages I might see something out of whack

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    So, I've been able to run on the single stick for quite some time without a single issue. Is it still possible that changing any of my BIOS settings could rectify the issue with the other stick, or is it a goner?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    No problem, let me know, I'll be on the boards this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    My DRAM voltage is 1.55 and CR is 2. I will post the advanced info in the morning, as it is getting late and I have been messing with this a lot today. I have been able to use the machine with the single stick for about an hour or so now with no problems. Thank you for your help, Tradesman!

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Returning it would have to go through the seller (who you bought it from), RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) is where you return the item(s) to GSkill for exchange under warranty for defective items. You can find the particulars at:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

You've got the base timings, will want DRAM Voltage at 1.55 and CR (command rate) at 2. then possibly raise CPU .05 or so. If that doesn't help could you post your DRAM timings and advanced settings along with your system voltages.

Leave a comment:

• jesoltis
    replied
    I have not RMA'd anything before. What is the difference between that and just flat out returning it?

Also, what would you recommend adding to the voltage if I decided to try that out?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Could try exchange through your seller, most will go 30 days or so of if you decide to RMA contact them at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) can find the base info on their web page www.gskill.com.

In the meantime could try adding a little voltage to the DRAM, NB, and/or CPU

Leave a comment:

Working...
X