Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus 7P55 PRO + F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Hello All,

Getting BSoD with this combo. BSoD was with both units installed. Ran mem test on both, one pass, one fail. Currently running on the one passing stick...no BSoD yet. Any suggestions or should I just RMA the failing unit? There were purchased less than 10 days ago. Running 9 9 9 24. Here are the specs of my PC, let me know if you need any more information. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CPU: Intel i5 760
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 460
    WD Black 1TB

Could try exchange through your seller, most will go 30 days or so of if you decide to RMA contact them at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) can find the base info on their web page www.gskill.com.

In the meantime could try adding a little voltage to the DRAM, NB, and/or CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have not RMA'd anything before. What is the difference between that and just flat out returning it?

Also, what would you recommend adding to the voltage if I decided to try that out?

Comment

Returning it would have to go through the seller (who you bought it from), RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) is where you return the item(s) to GSkill for exchange under warranty for defective items. You can find the particulars at:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

You've got the base timings, will want DRAM Voltage at 1.55 and CR (command rate) at 2. then possibly raise CPU .05 or so. If that doesn't help could you post your DRAM timings and advanced settings along with your system voltages.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My DRAM voltage is 1.55 and CR is 2. I will post the advanced info in the morning, as it is getting late and I have been messing with this a lot today. I have been able to use the machine with the single stick for about an hour or so now with no problems. Thank you for your help, Tradesman!

Comment

No problem, let me know, I'll be on the boards this afternoon

Tman

Comment

So, I've been able to run on the single stick for quite some time without a single issue. Is it still possible that changing any of my BIOS settings could rectify the issue with the other stick, or is it a goner?

Comment

Could try with a slight (+.05) voltage increase on the DRAM and/or possible either a slight increase or decrease in the QPI/VTT voltage....if you can post your DRAM Settings and system voltages I might see something out of whack

Tman

Comment

I am going to get the info for you now Tradesman. Will edit this post in a few minutes.

Comment

Just decided to make a new post since this is a fair amount of info. Let me know if you need more info!

D-RAM Timing Control

CAS# latency - 9
                    Ras# latency - 9
                    ras# pre - 9
                    ras # act 24
                    ras to ras 4
                    ref cycle 74
                    write recovery 10
                    read to pre 7
                    four act win 20
                    back to back cas# 0

Timing Mode - 1n
                    round trip latency on cha 0
                    round trip on chb 47

VOLTAGES -- Note these are all set to auto on my mobo - just wrote down voltage at the time, they were fluctuating a bit

CPU volt - 1.128
                    IMC volt - 1.115
                    DRAm - 1.55
                    CPU PLL - 1.806
                    PCH - 1.053

Comment

Try timing mode at 2N

Tman

Comment

Set it to 2N and then run memtest on the bad stick? Just want to be clear before I try it :X

Comment

I swapped out the functioning piece with the erroring piece, set Timing to 2N and ran mem test. Errors still came up. Swapped the other stick back in and set it back to 1N.

Comment

Sounds like a bad stick can try where you purchased or to RMA contact GSkill at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) can find the base info on their web page www.gskill.com.

They should be in Monday (normally off on weekends

Tman

Comment

I will shoot them an e-mail. My concern is that if I return it, I'll probably have to send both sticks in, as they were a sold together. I am hoping that if I RMA, I will be able to retain the functional one so that I can still use my machine.

Thank you so much for your help, Tradesman. You're amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X