I5 760 - Help with bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I5 760 - Help with bios

hello. i have an asus p7p55 e pro mobo, an i5 760 cpu and 8 gigs (2 gigsx4) of g. skill 1600 eco ram. i've read the i5 doesn't need too much juice to overclock it to 3.8, but i'm having problems trying to get there. i'm not sure if it's because i have 8 gigs of ram or what, but i'm struggling to get a stable overclock. i tried using the turbo evo easy tune method, but the voltages just looked too high to me.

would you please tell me the bios settings needed to achieve a 3.8 overclock with 8 gigs of ram? thanks.

I'd get the sticks stable at 1600 first and then work the OC up gradually, until you lose stability, then you'd need to look at voltages on the DRAM, NB, MC, CPU, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

thanks for the advice. i'll keep tweaking until i find the perfect balance.

Comment

Keep us notified

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you get stuck, post some settings and we can guide you.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Help with BIOS - getting a bit closer to 200 bclk

hello again. thanks for all of the help so far. i have been tweaking my system and am getting closer to achieving a 200 bclk. i haven't gotten stuck for too long, so i haven't had a need to post much. besides, half the fun in overclocking is figuring some of it out on your own - . i'm currently sitting at a 175 bclk and love it. should i get too stuck, i'll be sure to ask assistance.

i do have a question about how far i can take the voltage on my ram (1600 eco cl7). i have 4 sticks (8gigs total) of it in an asus p7p55d-e pro. i want to overclock the ram to 1750, but i'm not sure on how high i can take the voltage. from what i've read and have seen of the ram so far, i should be able to easily hit 1750 and not bump up against 1.65 vdimm (i think anyway) threshold. i just want to make sure i'm ok going up to around 1.5-1.55v, if need be, and not fry the ram.

current settings

vcore - 1.26
            vdimm - 1.425
            imc - 1.16
            pch - 1.0875

memory@1400 (6-7-6-20-1t)

thanks

Comment

Have to let GSkill field this one, what I've seen and been told they'll cover warranty up to plus .1 which would be about 1.45 (not sure of your exact sets but think 1.35 is stock on the ECOs

Tman

Comment

I had no problem with DDR3-1800 7-8-7-24 1.50V. So your settings should be around there too.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X