GA-X58A-UD3R and 24GB Ripjaws DDR1333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R and 24GB Ripjaws DDR1333

Hello! I am building a computer and I have a few questions I like to ask. I have built about a dozen computers in the past but I have never over-clocked them. I would rather have a more stable system and give up a little speed. The computer would be for using Autodesk 3ds Max, Revit, and Photoshop. I am using the advice I found here on using the 24gb kit rather then 2x12gb kits

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (ver2.0)
    Processor: I7-950
    Video card: (Not decided on one yet)

1: Would Ripjaw 24GB DDR1333 (F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL) be OK with the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0)?

2: If the Ripjaws are OK should I let the motherboard auto set it or manually set the memory?

3: If I manually have to set the ram, what should I set it at?

I appreciate any advise you can give me, Thank you very much.

Should be no problem, the set is aimed at the X58 chipset, it's a good mobo and CPU combo. Set it to base specs, voltage and have CR (Command Rate ) at 2. Probably want to ensure you have the latest BIOS. Would think at most might need minor voltage adjustments, the GB picks up pretty good with auto settings. ...and yes, definately want the 24GB set, those sticks are tested together, if you go with two twelves could more likely get conflicts.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, I will start the build when I get the Ram & Video card.
      I just went to Newegg site and they just sold out of the 24gb sets. I hope the price does not go up when they get more in, they had a great price.

Comment

Hopefully they'll have more soon, might have a truck out there as we speak

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X