Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X58A-UD3R and F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI bios settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R and F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI bios settings?

Hi. I'm recovering from a less than stellar OCZ memory experience and replacing them with the F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI on my GA-X58A-UD3R. Can you please post the ideal BIOS settings for my motherboard to achieve stable 1600 speeds?

Model of the motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i7-950

Thanks!
    Last edited by toran0x; 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM.

With the PIs, I'd set speed to 1600, timings to 7-8-7-24, DRAM Voltage 1.5-1.52 (start at 1.5) and Command Rate at 2 (input them all manually), BIOS should pick up the rest with auto. Let us know if any problems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you. Sorry I should have posted this in the bios settings sub-forum. Feel free to move this if it will help others find it.

Do I enable XMP at all or just go manual? Or are those settings the same as what you provided?

I am receiving my memory tomorrow so will try these then. Fingers crossed.
      Last edited by toran0x; 12-06-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I suggest manually, which locks them in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just found this older thread that suggests using XMP profile 1: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=27538

I guess I'm confused why XMP even exists. Does it load the settings optimized for a specific RAM? If I'm not overclocking, is manual or XMP better?

Thanks. I don't mean to doubt your advice, just trying to get some clarity on the options.

Comment

XMP provides basic OCing for those that don't know how and is often tied into the OCing software provided by many mobo manufacturers. A problem with it I see time after time is the different mobo and DRAM makers implement it to suit themselves, so while it is loosely standardized, it can differ from one manufacturer to another and can't take into effect different fluctuations based on other settings.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X