Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-x58a-ud3r f3-10666cl7t-6gbpk bsod

3 ch RAM GSKILL talk to me..

I searched the forum and there was no threads that included both keywords.

This is a new build. Took me a while to isolate the problem. Many people have the same problem searching google but there was no clear solution.

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK Triple channel

i7-950

When computer has all 3 modules, the computer constantly BSOD with memory related errors (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT / NOT_EQUAL..) all pointing to ntoskrnl.exe . After around 20-30 bsods (happen a few seconds/minutes into login, or before) the computer runs fine! The bsod's keep happening every time there is a long period after a shutdown and then after 20-30 bsod it runs perfect.

So after the computer has been shut down overnight, I try using 1 RAM module.. No problems. I interchange all of them and they are all good. Memtest86 shows no errors (tried when there was 3 modules installed)

What's wrong?

I'm using the 1-3-5 DDR3 slots as requested.

Bios:
    XMP profile everything checks out but still same memory related errors.
    QPI is 1.175v

By changing the DRAM voltage to 1.640v ( from 1.5v) and it kinda fixes the problem. The computer is still unstable, but not as unstable as before.

I am sure this is BIOS setting related, I think no enough voltage to the memory causing bsod.
    Last edited by administrator; 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM.

Sounds like a problem with the memory. Send them in for replacements, the new kit should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Maybe, however all sticks work great individually.

Many people have reported the same problem, I can dig up previous threads from other forums (10-30 bsod until computer starts to work fine). Now since I changed to 1.640v it runs good, but I get the ocasional bsod, where i have to load up optimized bios, and then switch back (xmp profile and 1.640v)

Maybe I overlooked some voltage settings.

Did others with the same setup as mine work flawlessly?

Are you aware of something I am not concerning these RAM modules that would require me to send them in?

Thanks

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings for RAM timings and voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Comment

Any ideas? Problem is still persistent.

Comment

I don't know, you're the administrator!

Seems like a memory detection issue with the memory, which is why you need to send them in for RMA. You should be able to set memory frequency, timings, voltage, and be ready to go.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X