Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Sabertooth X58 Compatbility with 2 G.SKILL F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL Kits (24GB total)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Sabertooth X58 Compatbility with 2 G.SKILL F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL Kits (24GB total)

Has anyone had experience with using a full 24GB using two of the 12GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL Kits on the Sabertooth X58? I plan on a Gluftown processor (i7-970 or i7-980X), mostly for video editing, and no overclocking of anything. Stability and full use of the 24GB is my primary goal. Thanks.

Should be no problem. The only problem you may have is whether the two kits can work together. For this reason, we have a 24GB kit.. so that is the chance you are taking.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Could you tell me the model number of the equivalent 24GB kit? Thanks.

Comment

Finally memory prices are coming down, so 24GB is affordable!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...66CL9T2-24GBRL

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the 24GB kit pointer. Assuming I get the 24GB kit (F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL) to install into the Asus Sabertooth X58 motherboard, are there any special BIOS settings I will need to change to ensure that this memory is running at is optimal speed and that all of the memory is properly seen by the system? Again, my plan is to run an i7-970 or i7-980X Gulftown processor, and I have no plans to overclock anything. Thanks.

Comment

The set is tested to run together at the listed specs, am guessing though (just the fact that it's 24GB) might take a little tweaking , probably voltages. Will want the latest BIOS for the mobo, pref before you start.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With that motherboard, just double check memory is set to DDR3-1333, 9-9-9-24, 1.50V, and you should be ready to go. No tweaking or voltage hassle necessary.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X