Cold Boot Bug? F3-10666CL7-2gbpi & Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Boot Bug? F3-10666CL7-2gbpi & Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4

Since I assembled this system, I am getting daily blue screens and freezes when I turn my computer on, after it has been off for several hours. After a reboot the computer is rock stable the whole day, even if I run the CPU at 100% for several hours or I am using 3D games that would stress the PSU. As I said, I can run the computer the whole day without encountering any issue and I would be perfectly happy, if it weren't for the daily blue screen at the first start.

System Specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, Revision 2.1
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz, C3 Stepping
    PSU: Arlt MPT-400P, 400W
    Graphics: ATI Radeon x1950xtx
    RAM: 8GB, 4x F3-10666CL7-2gbpi
    Memory Timings : 9-9-9-24-33-2T, Dual Channel, Unganged

I have tried running the memory modules at a lower frequency, changed the SATA mode from IDE to AHCI and updated my BIOS two times since I first encountered this issue, without any success. The system is not overclocked and runs with default settings.

I would appreciate any help.

P.S.: I accidently copy/pasted the wrong motherboard model when I typed the title; the Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard is the correct board.
    Last edited by SubtlSpark; 11-28-2010, 09:47 PM. Reason: oops, wrong board in title ... (can an admin change the thread title too?, thank you)

Please send the memory in for RMA and the new kit should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X