F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH + Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH + Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3

I've bought an Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3 mobo with F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH ram. When the timing is set to auto in bios, the ram would be read as 9-9-9-24. When I changed the timing to 7-7-7-21, the system would give me errors on boot up, so I'm wondering if the ram is compatible with my mobo and if it is, how should I set it up? My CPU is AMD phenom II x4 965. Thanks.

May want to try 8-8-8-24 at 1333, else may need to add voltage to the DRAM and/or CPU, MC, HT or OC the 965 to run at 7-7-7-21

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tradesman, I've set the voltage to 1.55 and I'm able to set the timing to 7-7-7-21.

Comment

Update:

I was able to manually set the ram's timing to 7-7-7-21 when I raised the DRAM voltage to 1.55v. However, ever since then, I was experiencing BSOD every once in a while (average once per day). I'm wondering if I should increase the DRAM voltage or what else should I try? I have tried to OC my phenom II x4 965 to 4GHz, CPU is at 216MHz, multiplier X 18.5, DRAM voltage 1.6v, NB voltage 1.35v. Thanks.

Comment

May want to raise CPU/NB voltage a tad and put NB at 1.4, Wouldn't take the sticks any higher

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

NB Voltage should not need to be adjusted, only CPU-NB Voltage. Also, test one module at a time to see if both work fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it tonight.

One more question, all these should be done in bios right? AMD overdrive also let me change these settings.

Comment

I'd change them manually in the BIOS, the software may not be as precise and kept up to date to match upgrades in the BIOS

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks again for your reply. After a couple of trying and testing, I was able to set the ram's timing at 7-7-7-21. When I tried it the first time, I set my DRAM voltage to 1.55, and this time, I started from 1.5 and increased 0.00625 each time and ran a torture test with Prime95 for 15 minutes. I think I was able to make it stable at 1.5125 and I ran the test for 2~3 hours without crashing.

Comment

Glad to hear it, any further problems let us know

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X