No announcement yet.

GA-P35C-DS3R with F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL won't boot into 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R with F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL won't boot into 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium

Here is what I have:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
    BIOS : Intel P35 BIOS for P35C-DS3R F2
    CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz (333x7)
    Memory : G.Skill F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL

Memory timings in BIOS set to 7-7-7-18 per documentation that came with the memory.

The BIOS seems to identify the memory just fine at bootup. However, when I boot into Windows it starts to load Windows and then locks up.

If I put my old memory back in (2 1GB OC sticks) it runs with no problems.

The G.Skill memory is recommended for this motherboard in the memory configurator. Does anyone know what settings need to be tweaked in order for this memory to work properly with this motherboard?

Thanks in advance!!

Test them individually to see if one is bad. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Bad memory

Either stick of memory allows boot into Windows just fine. However Memtest86 found issues with one stick of memory. I'm returning the memory and will update when new memory comes in.

Thanks!

Comment

Issue resolved

The new memory came in yesterday. After flashing the bios to most current all is working fine. Thanks for the help and have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Great, glad to hear it, now maybe you'll have a Merry Xmas playing with the new box

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X