Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P7P55D-E Pro & F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Hey guys,

I just finished building a new box and I'm having an issue getting it to use/detect all the RAM installed. Possibly you guys can help me out?

Motherboard: P7P55D-E Pro
    Processor: i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache 95W BX80605I5760
    Ram: F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Inside of Windows system properties it states 8gb (4gb usable), Inside of BIOS under system it has 4095 as memory maximum.

I've seen some other threads on this issue and have looked at different guides... I've tried different modes/settings AUTO, X.M.P., Manual with settings offered by others... and I still have not gotten it to detect/use all 8gb.

Could somebody possibly help me find the optimal BIOS settings for this setup...

Please let me know if you need any more information~ Thanks!

May have a bad stick, try testing each stick individually w/ MemTest. If both test OK, retry and ensure both are fully seated. Set your base timings, CR and voltage manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the response,

I'll run a diagnostic on them once I get home from work. If they both do pass do you have any recommendations for the base timings, CR and voltage? Or possibly a place where I can read up on it and actually learn more about the memory timings, etc?

Comment

Go with manual setting 9-9-9-24, CR 2N, Voltage at 1.5-1.55. May need a slight increase in CPU/MC voltage. There are a number of good articles out there, might take a look at TomsHardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ry,1698-2.html

or guru3d

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gskill...emory-review/3

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the prompt responses and recommendations.

I'll let you guys know how it goes

Comment

Ok, diagnostics completed and the RAM passed fine.

I did what you recommended in the BIOS and in Windows it still states...

Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (4.00 GB usable)

I still don't understand also why in the BIOS under system information it has

Maximum Memory 4095

Any other ideas that any of you might have to help me out?

Comment

I am having the exact same problem with my Asus Sabertooth 55i motherboard. I posted about it here last night:
              http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Hopefully Gskill Tech will get on tomorrow and let us know what the deal is.

Comment

Hrm... I seem to have fixed it...

The sticks were A1/B1; Now they're B1/B2 and all 8gb are viewable. It will not post A1/A2 or A2/B2. If it's A1/B1 Only 4gb usable, B1/B2 8gb usable. At least it's working but I'm kind of curious... Why is that? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks

Comment

You are seeing the exact same thing as me. I ended up with B1/B2 as the only combination that sees the full 8gb as usable; however, it is only working as a single channel instead of dual channel. I still need to find out how to make it work as dual channel.

Comment

Yea, this is very odd... Hopefully someone knows what's going on and can help us out with this..

Comment

Do you guys have the latest BIOS? A2 appears to be a problem.

You may want to try a different motherboard or memory to determine which is causing the problem.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes I have the most recent BIOS... So you're saying that there's most likely a hardware issue?

Comment

Yes, the memory should be plug and play for this motherboard.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X