F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH best stock timings? MB: Gigabyte GA-ep43t-usb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH best stock timings? MB: Gigabyte GA-ep43t-usb3

I just got the Ripjaws 4GB (2*2gb) DDR3 Model: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH cas 7 7 7 21 to use them with a Gigabyte GA-ep43t-usb3, which comes with a 775 cpu slot

I already set the basic timings(7-7-7-21 @ 1.5V) in the BIOS, and they work fine, passed Memtest, nice....

I don't have any intentions of doing overclock neither to the timings nor to the stock memory bus(1333). I just want to run them with my Core 2 Duo e6320 with the FSB Overclocked from 266 to 333mhrz, and set the Mem ratio to 1:2...

Anyway, My questions are:

1) is it safe to set command rate to from 2 to 1? I'm asking this because I have read that only the "expensive models" can handle a CR of 1 and work stable...and that is better running a CR=1 on non double sided Ram and with PCB of 6 Layers .... I don't have this info about this model, I can't find it in the main Gskill page...

2) What about the others timings values(trfc, trcd, trdram....etc), which are set to auto...can I get specific timings values so I can get the most of my memory kit...or should I leave them auto?

I can upload any picture with the info you could need in order to get the answer I'm looking for. This is what cpu-z shows:

PD: Sorry for my awful english
    Last edited by Allenkiller; 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM. Reason: So people know the model is DDR3 when searching

Sure, go ahead and try CR at 1, may want to check stability at CR1 w/ memtest as a first 'test'. If it seems stable go ahead w/ it at that setting. If you encounter bluescreens or other system problems with the CR at 1, you can sometimes get around them by increasing the DRAM voltage or the NB voltage a tad (i.e. + .05)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Sure, go ahead and try CR at 1, may want to check stability at CR1 w/ memtest as a first 'test'. If it seems stable go ahead w/ it at that setting. If you encounter bluescreens or other system problems with the CR at 1, you can sometimes get around them by increasing the DRAM voltage or the NB voltage a tad (i.e. + .05)
      Ok thanks, I'll try that. But should I be concern about the NB temp when increasing the voltage? I'm asking this because the heatsink burns my finger to the touch when I keep my finger there for more about 4 seconds. And the MotherBoard comes with no temp sensor in the NB.

I do know that the chipset (p43) supports up to 110? Celcius acording to the Intel specs in their webpage.

What about my second question? I'll post some pics below with the values that are in "auto". I want to know if I should change any of them manually.

This pic below shows the timings values I have manually change:

Last edited by Allenkiller; 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM. Reason: Better pics

Comment

Everything is detected correctly, so AUTO is fine. Or you can just manually input all the settings.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH and Gigabyte GA-ep43t-usb3 stable @ stock settings

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Everything is detected correctly, so AUTO is fine. Or you can just manually input all the settings.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          Thank you very much. Just another question please: So when you put everything in auto, the value on the left is actually the one that the bios set automatic? just to be sure, because as you can see in the pics, the commant rate in the BIOS is set to auto, and there is a 0 to the left. But then in cpu-Z it shows command rate (CR) = 2T, which one says the true?

PD to readers in general: To anyone looking to know if this Mobo/memory combination is stable: yes it is, passed 4 on Memtest, hope I can help someone deciding to buy these two items(this memory isn't in the compatibility list of the mobo)...

Comment

Allen, unless you're a memory freak - or just enjoy pain and frustration - leave the secondary memory timings alone. Just set the four primaries and the command rate.

Disregard the BIOS saying CR is [0] It will be exactly what the spd detection on the DRAM is, and in this case that would be a CR of [2]

There isn't any harm in trying a CR of [1] It will either work and be stable or it won't. My best guess is that it will probably work just fine

CR [2] is conservative just to make sure that 99.9% of users don't have any problems running the DRAM plug-n-play.
            MSI Big Bang xPower x58
            Intel i7 950
            GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
            Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
            OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
            WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
            WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
            Corsair TX950W
            Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Good to know that trying CR=1 doesn't put in risk my system

Originally posted by wevsspot View Post
              Allen, unless you're a memory freak - or just enjoy pain and frustration - leave the secondary memory timings alone. Just set the four primaries and the command rate.

Disregard the BIOS saying CR is [0] It will be exactly what the spd detection on the DRAM is, and in this case that would be a CR of [2]

There isn't any harm in trying a CR of [1] It will either work and be stable or it won't. My best guess is that it will probably work just fine

CR [2] is conservative just to make sure that 99.9% of users don't have any problems running the DRAM plug-n-play.
              Thank you for your response.

Last night I did set the Xtreme Memory Profile(X.M.P. ) from Auto to Profile1 (Options are: Auto, Profile1 and Disable) and the only value that actually changed from my previous settings was the tRFC from 74 to 60. the CR value was still at "0" in the Bios and at "2" in CPU-z.

It passed 4 rounds of memtest.

Tonight I'll try setting the CR manually to 1 run memtest and will see what happen and I'll post the results here.

Comment

Sounds like a plan.
                MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                Intel i7 950
                GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
                WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
                WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
                Corsair TX950W
                Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

CR value hasn't change

I tryied to manually change the CR value from Auto to 1 and then I started up windows, opened CPU-z, and the CR value was still at 2.

I changed the Xtreme Memory Profile(X.M.P. ) from auto to disable. The CR velue is still at 2.

Lavalys Everest Ultimate edition also shows the same result.

Why is this happening?

this is what cpuz shows:

Comment

Most P4x chipsets biosses don't support command rate 1. (even though the option is present)

It's just like that, I never got it working on the Asus P5Q series, neither on the EP45(T) series here... the option might be a remainer of another bios for another board...

- Best performance tweak for P45 is to lower the performance level in the Channel settings ( think it's referred with GB mobos as TRCD) Though don't go to low ( usually you can squeeze one or two lower than auto sets )

Comment

A bit dissapointed with the P4x series chipset

Originally posted by leeghoofd View Post
                      Most P4x chipsets biosses don't support command rate 1. (even though the option is present)

It's just like that, I never got it working on the Asus P5Q series, neither on the EP45(T) series here... the option might be a remainer of another bios for another board...

- Best performance tweak for P45 is to lower the performance level in the Channel settings ( think it's referred with GB mobos as TRCD) Though don't go to low ( usually you can squeeze one or two lower than auto sets )
                      Wow that's too bad.

You said "it's referred with GB mobos as TRCD". The Trcd value is one of the basic timings settings:

CL: 7
                      tRCD: 7
                      tRP:7
                      tRAS: 21

So, are you suggesting to lower the tRCD value to "6" or "5" ? So then my timings would be 7-6-7-21 or 7-5-7-21? is that correct and valid?

Comment

nope sorry mate (my bad, lack of sleep), think it'sStatic Tread value or something with htem boards , will have to fire up on of my boards this afternoon, will be back

Best source is this thread mate : Official Gigabyte UD3 P45 Series -- EP45-UD3 / EP45-UD3R / EP45-UD3P thread
                        Last edited by leeghoofd; 11-20-2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Static tRead Value (tRD) or Performance level for Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

Originally posted by leeghoofd View Post
                          nope sorry mate (my bad, lack of sleep), think it'sStatic Tread value or something with htem boards , will have to fire up on of my boards this afternoon, will be back

Best source is this thread mate : Official Gigabyte UD3 P45 Series -- EP45-UD3 / EP45-UD3R / EP45-UD3P thread
                          Well thanks dude!, you got it right this time, it was the Static tRead Value (tRD) indeed. I found it inside the Channel A/B Timing Settings(Some other brand MObos bios call it performance level instead of Static tread value acording to some research I did).

It was @ 9 by default. I did manually change it to 8, and then to 7. And now I got better performance when I run Everest Benchmark. What did improve the most was the Memory Read. Before with tRD @ 9 I got 7052MB/s. Now with the tRD @ 7 I get 7460MB/s. Also the Memory Write, Copy and the Latency(ns) did improve quite a bit .

To confirm that the tRD did changed (CPU-z doesn't show the tRD value) I used the program Memset 4.1 that shows you almost every timing value of the memory. It also let you change the timings on the fly, but this is not recommended at all, I just used it to see the changes.

I'll run Memtest+ later to check the stability of my new configuration. If I get any trouble I'll post the results here.

Comment

Working...
                          X