Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Ripjaws f3-10666CL8D-4GBRM compatible with Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H

Hi,

I was just wondering if the Ripjaws f3-10666CL8D-4GBRM RAM is compatible with Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H motherboard?

I got this combo a few weeks back (i didn't bother checking the compatibility - silly me)

Mind you, it still seems to be working (i know its not on the qualified vendors list tho).

I was getting the occasional blue screen of death in windows (3-4 times in a month) but then i checked the timing and the auto timing was set incorrectly, so i set it to 8-8-8-24-2N and 1.5v and is yet to get a blue screen (been ok for 2 days so far but im still not sure if this will stop the problem)

But when i do a memory test i get nothing but errors ...

Is this ram compatible with this motherboard? Or could the errors indicate faulty ram?

regards,
    martin

just to add, the blue screens of death were "memory management" errors so im pretty sure its the ram that's causing these problems ...
    Last edited by marty; 10-31-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Yes it is memory related. You have done the right thing by inputting timings. If it is still unstable, test each module by itself to see if one is defective causing a problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

errors in one of the ram sticks

Hi,

I have ran 1 ram stick at a time and have found that one ram stick is generating nothing but errors with memtest, but the other one is passing all tests.

What can i do now?
        Can i please RMA this stick or do i have to send in both sticks?

I can send you an image of the errors if you want to prove the problem.

regards,
        martin

Comment

You can just RMA the defective stick, although we recommend both since they are a matched kit.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X