Random bsod restart with 8gb ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random bsod restart with 8gb ram

I have an Asus p5e3 deluxe mobo with a qx9650 processor running win xp x64 os with no overclocking. I am running f3-10666cl7d ram. My mobo is upgraded to the latest bios. When i only use 2 sticks (4gb) everything works fine with almost any settings and the ram in any two slots. When i try to use either 3 or 4 sticks (6 or 8gb) i get random crashes usually with the disk.sys page fault in non-paged area. My system may run for an hour, or it may reboot after a few seconds. I have tried both auto, xmp and manually setting the timings and have the same result. i have checked the ram and it all comes back no errors. when i use only 2 sticks, it doesn't matter which of the two i use, they work together fine. (i had gskill send them to me as a set of four matching) what am i doing wrong? i assume there is some setting i need to tweak, but which? i don't want to fry something. i have seen some threads elswhere that recommend upping the v-core voltage if using 8gb of memory, because it taxes the memory controller, but i can't find a v-core setting in my bios.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Matt

Manually set your DRAM voltage to somewhere between 1.40 and 1.50v

Manually set your Northbridge voltage to somewhere between 1.30 and 1.35v

Save settings and reboot. See if that helps.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Use the DRAM Voltage that is stated on the memory. Then raise NB Voltage and you should be able to stabilize 4 modules, 8GB.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X