F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ compatible dimm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ compatible dimm

I have an ASUS M4A79XTD-EVO mainboard with F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ kit installed. I would like to know what would be a compatible dimm (preferaby 2 GB or 4GB) so that I can take advantage of my additional memory slot. Thank you.

I don't think G.Skill makes 2GB DDR3-1600 sticks alone. The highest speed I've seen are 1333.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231393

If you don't mind running your kit below spec, then you might grab of one those and run them altogether at 1333. However, compatibility isn't guaranteed. Otherwise, either go with 6GB or 4GB from your kit and grab another 4GB kit.

Comment

dimm compatibility

I guess I would like to know whether the dimms in this kit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231193 are the same as the dimms in the aforementioned kit (which I bought from newegg when it was ~$150 btw). The specified timings and voltage are the same, but i am curious about potential timing differences beyond that. Also, do you think the following dimm might work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231313. See, the last one specifies 2N after 9-9-9-24. I am not really sure what the individual timing numbers mean. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Well that Ripjaw stick is 4GB. Although it might work in your setup, the system might run in single channel mode. And yes, I think that the 4GB kit you showed is the same as your 6GB kit. The only reason why your kit is a triple channel kit is because Intel's 1366 platform support triple channel. I'm 99% sure it is the same, but you might want to wait for confirmation from GSKILL TECH.

Comment

dimm compatibility

Well, the mobo manual states:

"You may install varying memory sizes in Channel A and Channel B. The system maps the total size of the lower-sized channel for dual-channel configuration. Any excess memory from the higher-sized channel is then mapped for single-channel operation."

Although, it would be nice to run with two pairs in dual-channel config. I bought the six gig kit b/c it was listed on the manufacturer's qvl for the board. Interestingly, it doesn't list the four gig. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't think of getting two pairs of the only pc12800 4 gig kit listed, which is manufactured by Kingston. I was just eager to find supported memory after some OCZ dimms I tried failed. I think I will wait to get some confirmation from g.skill tech on this one.

Comment

gskill tech saves

Just got an e-mail response from g.skill tech support. They said I could purchase a single dimm of the kit directly for $50 shipped. Pity they only accept cashier's check or money order.

Comment

Working...
            X