Asus m4a88td-m amd gskill f3-16000cl9t-6gbrh problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus m4a88td-m amd gskill f3-16000cl9t-6gbrh problem

Hi, i've got an asus m4a88td-m and installed a 3x2gb ddr3 gskill f3-16000cl9t-6gbrh
    Processor is a phenom II 945 and now i'm running two modules instead of 3 because
    is the best setting i've achieved(7-7-7-21,1T the rest in auto mode).

With this configuration i can run windows 7 pro 32bits for about 3hs and then the computer suddenly becomes unresponsible.

Wich is the best setting for this mobo?
    Should i update the bios first? (i've the one that originally came with the mb and saw about 7 updates on asus site)

By the way with and ocz module same thing happened, but not with windows xp :S

Thx!

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, can you be a little more specific.
    What speed are you running the RAM at?
    What voltage did you set them to?
    Did you increase the CPU/NB voltage?

You won't reach DDR3-2000 with that board and that processor. 1800 might be doable, but I think your best bet would be running 1600 with tight timings.

Comment

Thx for the prompt answer. Sorry about forgotting the voltage.

-I found that setting on the board,
      -Don't touched the mb or processor speed and don't want to if possible
      -CPU Z says i'm running this
      1600mhz
      fsb:dram (1:4, don't found this setting on bios setup)
      cl 7
      tRCD 7
      trp 7
      tRAS 21
      tRC 40
      CR 1T

Voltage is 1.605v since the mb permits only 1.59 and the jump there, cannot stop at 1.6v

Comment

Try bumping CPU/NB voltage to 1.25V, see if it helps.

Comment

Sorry. I said that if it was possible i wanted to evitate that since i'm a newbie on OC thing.

Anyhow i've seen this
          cpu offset 1.375
          cpu/nb offset 1.20 (i supposed this is what i have to change is it?)
          nb voltage 1.15

Everything is set to offset, other spec is manual
          There is also some option called "reduce cpu voltage on idle mode" enabled, and most of the crashes i got where after idle mode (but not all)

Comment

You have to set CPU & NB voltage mode to manual and then you can freely set CPU/NB voltage to 1.2V

Comment

And I might add that a 3x2 kit was a poor choice for that setup because it's only dual channel. You should have went with either a 2 module or 4 module kit.
              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
              Intel i7 950
              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
              OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
              WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
              WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
              Corsair TX950W
              Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

thx you all guys. You're lighting fast.

So i've:
                Modify cpu & nb voltage to 1.2 (wich means actually increase only cpu voltage on 0.5v)

Or otherwise:

Only nb voltage to 1.25

Now cpu temperature is around 38?C and mb around 44?C when i startup

?Wich is a normal/tolerable operation temperature for new voltages?

pd:it wasn't a bad choice was a gift, or a bad choiced gift

Comment

Leave NB voltage to its default value, you only want CPU/NB voltage at 1.2V

Comment

Ok, i use the computer for video editing and i still never try it after formatting and changing ram modules but:

-I turned the NB Voltage to 1.2 and reduced ram voltage to 1.59. Only the mb went 2?C hotter and everything worked well since 13.15, now it is 22.33 here. I only run some torrent,jdownloader and msn like before, but know it works. Like magic.

Thx for your help mrcmtl, really . Now i want to know something: can you plz tell me wich is the principle i've to use to tweak this modules. I mean how did u knew that a 0.5v change will possibly work? Just to know and apply it myself if some day if i want to reach that 1.800mhz

Comment

You're welcome, and I still don't know if you mean NB voltage or CPU/NB voltage.

The 0.05V is from experience, and several forums reading. If you want to try 1800, just bump it another 0.05V to 1.25V and MAKE SURE ITS CPU/NB voltage. CPU/NB voltage only appears when CPU & NB voltage MODE is set to Manual.

while NB Voltage is on the main screen

if you want to run 1800, you might need to set timings to 8-8-8 or even higher.

Comment

Only cpu voltage. It could damage something? Cause it works flawlessly.

cpu/nb is also at the same value

Comment

So now my computer works well, but i still wonder if this voltage modification is the best
                          or if it can cause some damage.

Feel free to ask me for images of the bios setup, screenshot or others

Thx again

Comment

Does your BIOS show the current values of each setting right beside it? Or it could be a feature from high end motherboards. If it does, then if you could post a picture of the Extreme Tweaker menu, that be great. Otherwise, just post the values for CPU, CPU/NB, DRAM and NB voltage.

Comment

Working...
                            X