MSI Big Bang MB - 6gb/1600 - Intermittent Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Big Bang MB - 6gb/1600 - Intermittent Issues

I just purchased a new computer system from NewEgg, with this system I bought the GSkill 6gb 1600 pack. I keep getting blue screens in Windows after I shut down and start fresh each day (ranging error messages: Memory Controller, irq not less than 0, Non Page). Generally if I reboot 10 times, or re-seat the ram (take it out and move the 3 sticks in a different order) I can get the system to run fine, until I shut down. Now I know the easy answer is Never Shut Down again, but that is not an option unfortunately.
    I recently tried moving the ram around and I found one stick that seemed to be temperamental. As in when I only used it, the computer would not boot, or Windows only registered 4 of 6 gb. Again re-seating the ram and then all was well again. I guess what I want to know is if there is a known issue that may be causing this and maybe it is not necessarily a bad stick of ram. I have listed my specifications below and I hope that you will assist me. I want to know if I need to exchange the ram, or if it may be something else entirely. I don?t want to return the Ram only to find out it was something else. I have updated the latest drivers on everything to the best of my knowledge and I have used the auto update software for my bios. Please let me know as soon as possible before I lose my mind! Thank you.

--Eric

Specs:
    (All from NewEgg, installed in a HAF 932 case)
    ? MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    ? Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930
    ? GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    ? Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply GeForce GTX 470 Certified
    ? G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    ? Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card
    ? Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Follow-Up

Well, I sent this same issue to the GSkill technical support email, and the reply I got was to go ahead and exchange the ram. I have contacted NewEgg and done so, guess I will conclude this thread if the new ram solves my issue.

Comment

Working...
    X