DX58SO And F3-12800CL7D-4BGECO Can't Run 1600MHZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX58SO And F3-12800CL7D-4BGECO Can't Run 1600MHZ

I bought 2 F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO RAMs to get 8GB on the Intel's DX58SO board. It has an i7-975 EX processor. I got the latest BIOS updated on the board. However, I don't see any XMP profile in the Memory Override section. I just left the profile in Automatic. The board came up with 8GB running at 1333MHZ. I can run the BClk from 135 to 155 to get the processor run at 4GHZ.
    How do I use the manual settings in the Memory Override section to run the RAM at 1600MHz with the CPU at 4GHZ?
    Also, anyone know where the XMP setting is in the DX58SO board?

Since you are overclocking, you can simply set the memory frequency, timings, and voltage, rather than using a profile. The profile will change all overclock settings.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Could you please suggest the setting for the memory override section on the DX58SO board for the F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO RAM? I'm just running the bclk at 155MHz and nothing else.

Comment

BCLK 160, this way with the memory at 10X, it is DDR3-1600.

Then simply set tCL 7 - tRCD 8 - tRP 7 - tRAS 24 with 1.35V and you're good to go. On to CPU overclocking!

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

That right! I'll try to run bclk to 160MHz. By the way, what about the rest of the Memory Override settings? What do I set trrd, twrd, etc...?

Comment

These are the parameters:

tRFC -
            tRRD -
            tWR -
            tWTR -
            tRTP -

What do I set these to for 160MHz bclk?

Comment

Those can be AUTO. As long as the 7-8-7-24 is input, the rest will detect fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X