Clear All

• Giagabyte X58A-UD5 & 1600 - 6Gig

Hi
    I am going to buy one of these triple channel 6 Gig packs

1- F3-12800CL7T-6GBRH
    2- F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
    3- F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM
    4- F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD

My main board is GigaByte X58A-UD5 and CPU is Intel Core i 7 - 930 that its default freq for ram is 1066 and 800.

I am not familiar with over clocking at all. what should I do after installing ram modules in BIOS ??? is there sth like xmp profile for 1600 or i need to adjust its parameters manually ?
    if its not automatic can u tell me the parameters for it ?

You can simpy set Extreme Memory Profile to "Profile 1" and that will configure the memory for you. Let us know if you encounter problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply , there is another question :

1- After selecting xmp profile in BIOS and make system to use 1600 freq does this raise the cpu temp ? how much ? Is there any need to use some cooling facilities rather than cpu stock one's?
      2- I have seen some issues about not detecting the whole ram capacity in BIOS and Windows,( 6G --> 4G ), and the sticky thread solution in the forum solve it by manually setting parameters,its against simply selecting xmp profile in BIOS,whats the matter? If i misunderstood please let me know

Thanks a lot
      Last edited by ostadomid; 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

1. DDR3-1600 should be fine. Only DDR3-2000+, you will need to use other than stock CPU cooling.

2. There are many reasons for missing capacity. Read the sticky for more information.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X