Clear All

• G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBECO questions/errors

My build is

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE c3 stepping
    G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBECO
    CORSAIR HX520W MODULAR POWER SUPPLY
    Samsung 1TB SpinPoint F3

i had multiple bsod, and lately every rar i was downloading was corrupted. I did a bios update, firmware update to hdd ( http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...bbs_msg_id=308 )
    and i didnt think memory has anything to do with bsod cause memtest showd no errors after 8 passes.
    But i saw this post http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....60&postcount=1
    Everyone is having problems with it
    and it also happens to me too that after some bsod and me messing with in in the evening it looks fine. but in the next morning a bsod occurs again.

I want to know if i am supposed to change the volt in bios and set it to 1,35
    in the bios it looks like this (pic taken from manual)

in mine in the beginning it said ddr3 1.5V 1.488V
    but i changed it to 1,35 and now it says ddr3 1.5V 1.344V

Also does it matter that i have the rams in the 3rd and 4th slot and not in 1st,2nd?

The voltage is correct. Slots 3 and 4 should work just as well. Try one stick at a time to see if one performs differently than the other.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I run memtest on one stick and after 3 hours it had no error. I then logged in to windows and no bsod popped up. I turned it off and next morning after 6 hours i am having multiple bsod and windows cant startup, bsod appear even in system restore. I am reading here that there is a cold boot issue with gskill memories and cold boot bsod is exactly the problem i am having.

I just run memtest86+ (still with one stick on) exactly after a bsod and it has 11246 errors in 20 minutes...
      Last edited by TroupyG; 06-23-2010, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Send them in for new replacements and the new set should not have this problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X