Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is best for 965BE(C3) + MSI 890FXA-GD70?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is best for 965BE(C3) + MSI 890FXA-GD70?

Well the title says it all, which is best for the Phenom II X4 965BE and MSI 890FXA-GD70? I'm thinking of just getting either the F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (Trident 1600Mhz) or F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM {Ripajaws CAS7 1600Mhz). It doesn't really matter about RAM height because I will have a Corsair H50. It boils down to which RAM will overclock better seeing as I will be going to around 4.0-4.2 on the processor.

Both kits work great on that motherboard... so whichever is more aesthetically pleasing to you? The CL7 is slightly better in spec..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

i have this same setup with the cl7. it wont boot at the rated timing of 7-8-7-24. it is running stable at 1.6v with 8-8-8-24 timings. any suggestions gskill? cpu is running at 4.0 at 1.45v with multiplier set at x20. ty

Comment

Don"t!

I have the 965C3, 940BE am2+, PI 9950, PII 1090T. I have many different MB's and whatnot. Just please heed this warning. Do not pair Ripjaws with AMD cpu's. It's not that the memory is bad it's the mem controller. U will be so frustrated with continued BSOD and random crashes. Just make sure u never pair these products.And the X6 PII may work with Ripjaws a bit better but why bother when the Flare series has been released. Instead I would definately recommend the new AMD aimed Flare series by G Skill. I am only trying to save u alot of time and rawr'iness lol anyway take care and hope u find the G Skill ram that suits your setup.

Comment

That makes sense, half of your CPUs don't fully support DDR3-1600, so of course you had some issues with our DDR3-1600 RipJaws. There is not compatibility problem, some CPUs just need a boost to CPU-NB Voltage (+0.1V) to fully support DDR3-1600.

k33stone,

That is normal, not all AMD CPUs/motherboards and capable of DDR3-1600 CL7, that's why they are stated for Intel. Only the new AMD x6 and 800 series chipsets can fully support DDR3-1600 CL7.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok thank you for reply on not my post. working well as is, can't complain

Comment

Working...
            X