Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12Gb F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH on GA-EX58A-UD7 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12Gb F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH on GA-EX58A-UD7 ???

Sorry for my bad English, Im using Google Translator

Hello!

I make a query, I'm putting together my new PC, and have selected the following components:

Gigabyte GA-Mother-UD7 EX58A
    Intel i7 920 Micro
    CM UCP 700W Power Supply

I have thought to overclock the processor to 4GHz ~

I choose the memories, I need 12GB, at least 1600MHz (2000mhz ideal)

I'm seeing 16000CL9T-F3-6GBRH (Ripjaws) because I have no physical space for a Trident

I have some limitation to use the 12GB? Drivers need higher voltages?

I ask this' cause I'm reading about problems with different motherboards and these memories.

Thanks for the info!

Christian - Argentina

Yes, 12GB especially at DDR3-2000, will require very high QPI/VTT Voltage. It may also limit your CPU frequency overclock. For 12GB, DDR3-1600 CL7 is the safest.

This should help you: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...highlight=x58a

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

If you use all 12GB and OC to 4GHz, you will have a very hard time to make it stable.

Comment

ok, great!

the problem is that in Argentina I only can buy this models:

F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM OR F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH

Then, Im in a very big trouble...

Or can I buy this F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH and put it to 1600@CL7 latency?

Is danger to put the 12Gb of F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH for the motherboard, memos or CPU life? Im dont worryed with temps because I will buy a big cooling solution.

WoW, this is more complicated that I think

I can buy the 1600@CL7 memos at Ebay and ship to my country, but I lose the warranty. (because cost of ship is too high) and with any problem/trouble with compatibility or inestability, I cant get RMA.

I need a High frequency CPU and 12Gb of ram because I will use this Pc for gaming, HD video edition, Server virtualization, etc.

Please help me!
        Last edited by techmaster; 06-14-2010, 07:20 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH should be capable of DDR3-1600 CL7. 12GB will not be a problem unless you try to run DDR3-2000 without an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok, I understand you, but have a last question:

The problem of 12Gb 2000mhz is only the CPU temps?
            the voltage is safety? could be damaged my cpu?

Sorry, I have Technical skills, but Im new on i7 (IOH, QPI, etc )world, and think that the memory controller from 1.15~ to 1.6-7~ is too much.

please detail me this!

Very thanks you!

Comment

Yes, the problem of 12GB 2000MHz is high QPI/VTT Voltage, which then means high CPU temp. The voltage is not safe, especially if you don't have a good enough CPU cooler. If not done properly, it can surely damage and destroy your CPU. This has happened to many people, so be careful.

For 12GB, we always suggest DDR3-1600 CL7, as that is the best performance for 247 use and easy/safe to set up without possibly damaging CPU.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X