Constant BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant BSOD

Hey, I caught wind of this forum about a week ago and it looks a great place to sort out some problems.

I've recently bought new parts for a computer (around 2 weeks ago), these are:

Asus P7P55D-E LX
    Intel i5-750 @ 2.6Ghz
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

It ran great for a few days but now it'll BSOD at the strangest of times, even when I haven't logged into Windows yet. Equally, it can run for hours without a problem. All these BSODs relate to "memory_management" or page errors.

The motherboard' QVL doesn't specify this exact ram, could it be that they've not published it yet or could it be incompatible with my motherboard?

I'm hoping it's something as simple as timing problems rather than needing replacement RAM, I've got some deadlines to hit and it's becoming quite frustrating. I'm trying all of these suggestions and thinking "Oh great, it's fixed!" until I hit another BSOD

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get the RAM RMAed ASAP

It sounds to me like you have the notorious "cold-boot" issue I had, as well as so many others on this forum. Get an RMA authorization from GSkill, send the RAM in, and they will swap out for a newer "revised" version that works perfectly (at least it does for me -THANK YOU GSKILL!!). I struggled with this for over a month (just past NewEgg's RMA period), but GSkill came through with flying colors in the end. Like you, it seemed to work perfectly for hours on end, then when starting up from cold, it would sometimes BSOD, but not even every time. It took forever to narrow it down to the RAM (after swapping power supplies, and endless driver updates, etc..), but it was the RAM in the end (exactly the same model RAM as you, but not the same motherboard).
    Last edited by jsbeddow; 05-27-2010, 11:21 AM. Reason: add some info

Comment

Enable the XMP profile to configure the memory settings for you. If you continue to have issues, simply send them in for new replacements and the new set should work just fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Cheers for the quick responces jsbeddow and the G-Skill tech,

I skimmed over the cool-boot thread and hoped to myself it wouldn't be, but the prospect is looming! I'm going to have to hold tight for a tleast a week then I'll get that RMA in motion.

It's quite sad that so many of us are having this issue, I'm glad you managed to get it sorted, out, jsbeddow.

Comment

There was no XMP profile on first set...

By the way, one of the things I forgot to mention in my previous post, was the fact that my first (faulty) set of RAM had no XMP profile available at all, while I am pleased to say that the replacement set does have a working XMP profile. After reading through all the "cold-boot" posts here (and on the Newegg user reviews), I found that I am not the only one to have seen this behavior. Could this be a hint as to why the original faulty set would not always "initialize" correctly?
          As a side note, while the new set of RAM works perfectly while running in the XMP profile mode (DDR3 1600), I found it odd that it actually increased both the CPU core temps and overall CPU temps when running in this mode (testing under Prime95), compared to running the RAM in "normal" DDR3 1333 mode. I suppose the XMP profile actually adjusts more than just RAM timings and voltages.....

Seriously, just send them back for a RMA, my overall turnaround time (shipping and return) was just 8 days -Thanks again GSkill!

Comment

jsbeddow,

CPU temps go up because there is more voltage to the memory controller (embedded in CPU) to stabilize DDR3-1600. If you overclock to DDR3-2000, temps go even higher, and a CPU cooler may even be necessary.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X