G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS and Asus P6X58D-E problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS and Asus P6X58D-E problems

I have a 6Gb kit 0f 2000mhz Perfect Storm installed in an Asus P6X58D-E. When I try to boot, the fans just spin up at high speed for about 30 seconds then it starts a continuous boot cycle, and my MemOk light stays on.
    I can get into windows by holding down the memOk button while booting, but after a little while it will just reboot, and then start the constant boot cycle.

Other specs are : Intel Xeon W3520, Sapphire 5870, and a good working 600 watt psu that I do plan to replace. I dont believe its the psu.
    I checked for shorts, bent pins, and tried different settings to no avail.

I need help
    Is anyone else here experiencing this?
    Last edited by Xpoc; 05-19-2010, 12:00 PM.

What do you have QPI/DRAM Voltage set to? This must be manually set, and it is the most important voltage to stabilize DDR3-2000. Most CPUs will need 1.50V-1.60V.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I did follow a similar thread and was able to get the ram at 2000mhz quite easily with my QPI/DRAM Voltage at 1.6, but when I shut down for even a few seconds the ram seems to not be recognized when booting. There are no beeps and the fans just spin. I can take the ram out and try booting and get the same result.
      I have to hold the MemOk button down for a while in order to get the ram to recognize and start the boot sequence. I have to do that a few times to get it to work, and even then all the bios settings are back to default..
      I can then get into the bios to make changes but nothing helps.

Comment

My recommendation would be to reload all BIOS defaults. Manually adjust your DRAM and QPI/DRAM voltages and then run Memtest on each stick individually to make sure you didn't get a bad module.

If all modules come back clear, then we can assume that there is some tweaking to be done in the BIOS settings. Make sure that you have the latest motherboard BIOS installed too.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Try one stick at a time to see if problem occurs with all three modules.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X