Windows 7 Reboot. GA 770 UD3 - Ripjaws PC10666 4GBRCL7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Reboot. GA 770 UD3 - Ripjaws PC10666 4GBRCL7

Hi, as the title says, I have a problem with Windows 7.

My setup is based on:

Phenom II X4 955 BE
    Gigabyte GA-770 UD3
    G. Skill PC10666 CL7 4GBRH
    ASUS DirectCu 5850.

There is no OC.

Every time I start the computer, the system reboots when it comes to loading the OS.
    After about 5-6 attempts, all goes well, allowing me to use the pc.
    I use the PC primarily for gaming, and when the OS starts, I can play without problems, given that the system does not give me any errors.

When after the first reboot I choose "Use the system restore" (Or something like that) I get a blue screen, sometimes the error CLFS.Sys, sometimes with other types of errors.

Could be an incompatibility between RAM and MOBO? Or a simple BIOS setting wrong?

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I'm Italian: D

Same Issue Here--Bad RAM Modules?

Hi, I am also having the same issue. From what I have read, this is caused by something called a "cold boot" error, where the RAM has to warm up or something before it will function correctly. This is due to bad DDR3 modules apparently, so if you have already troubleshot the rest of your parts, go ahead and see about an RMA.
    I am using this RAM: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=224 Everything is on stock clocks, and this is a newly-built system. The RAM is being run at spec 1.5V. My system will not boot Windows 7 until the 4th attempt on average. I have reinstalled Windows 7 to no effect, as well as removing vid card drivers, etc. After speaking with my GPU manufacturers, they informed me that this was most likely a RAM problem, and after doing some research I uncovered the aforementioned issue. When I run Memtest86+ after the computer has already been on for a while, I get 0 errors. I am going to try running it after a cold boot (ie system has been off for ~24 hours) and see if I get any errors. Do you guys think I could have bad memory modules? After Windows 7 boots, my system is pretty rock solid, except it has had some memory_management error BSODs and has locked up now and then. I would have started my own thread on this, but since the above poster has a similar system to mine (and a similar issue) I figured here was the best place to post.
    AMD Phenom II 955 BE, ATI 5770, 4 GB G.Skill 1333MHz Ripjaws, 640GB 7,200 RPM HDD, Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, Windows 7 64

Comment

Make sure memory is set to

DDR3-1333
      tCL 7 - tRCD 7 - tRP 7 - tRAS 21 - Command Rate 2
      1.50V

Once that is complete, try testing each module individually to determine whether a module is defective. If so, simply send them in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

You can also exchange them through your original place of purchase.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Any suggestions on additional troubleshooting? I have my RAM set at 8-8-8-24 1.5V. I doesn't register any errors on Memtest86+, yet I am having the same cold boot issue. My system just crashed due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Everyone I've talked to has told me I most likely have a RAM issue...
        AMD Phenom II 955 BE, ATI 5770, 4 GB G.Skill 1333MHz Ripjaws, 640GB 7,200 RPM HDD, Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, Windows 7 64

Comment

Send them in for new replacements and that should fix the problem.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.
            I don't have any electro-static bags lying around--it's okay if I ship it in the original packaging, right?

Comment

I've found the defective module, can i send only it or i have to send both?

Cheers,

Comment

Sure, you can send it in on it's own. Just specify 1/2 on the RMA form under how many modules you are sending in out of the original set. For example, I'm sending in my complete set, so that's 2/2 modules.
                Good luck.
                By the way, how did you find out which was the defective module? Memtest? Or just patience haha?

Comment

I've tested the modules one by one, on DDR3-1 and DDR3-3 slot, and i found the defective ram.

However, being a cold boot, i've tested the pc for 2-3 days with each modules.

At the moment i'm running windows and games with onlyt a module and all work greatly.

Comment

Okay, thanks.
                    Just got my RMA number, here goes...
                    Oh, by the way, it's recommended that you run the RAM in the DDR3 1 and 2 slots on that motherboard, just in case you don't know.

Comment

HI..i have the same problem..with p55 ud7 and g.skill ripjaws 1600 cl7 4gbrh-cl7...
                      If i keep my pc off for like 5/6 hours...i get some bsod for like 4/5 boot...then i get "warm" and all works perfectly...hey G.skill tech what should i do?
                      I brought these ram in February,i got all things,original package and warranty..
                      Last edited by drudru; 05-23-2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

drudru,

Please send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X