No announcement yet.

Unstable Win7 64-bit with GA-P55A-UD7 and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I beleive I'm having the same problem many have described here.

I have a new computer build.

Win7 64-bit
    ASUS P55 MB
    G.Skill DDR3-1600 Memory 4GB, 2 2GB dimms
    **EDIT**
    Core i5 2.66 Ghz
    GTX460

After building and installing the OS things work fine for a few hours. Then BSoD's started happening. All that I noticed we "Memory Management" error.

I called G.Skill tech support, the guy that answered directed me to the BIOS, and we changed a setting on the AI Tweaker pane to XMP (I think, it was "X" something for certain). Save, exit, continue booting, and everything was fine for the rest of the day.

That was yesterday.

Today more random BSoD immeadiately after logging into windows. "Memory Management" once, "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" once, and "IRQ_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL" once. (Exact names might be slightly off, I'm at work, going from memory.) I went upstairs to another computer and googled the error names and all three appear to be (according to the sites I read, including Microsoft) memory related.

What do I need to do inorder to get this system to work? Are there BIOS setting that will get me going consistantly? Or do I need to just buy RAM from a different manufacture?

- Marrz
    Last edited by Marrz; 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I've dealt with Gskill Ripjaws related issues for almost a week, every other day eating up my whole spare time after work.

Gathered so many advices, so many little tweaks here and in another place, all to no avail.

Then I returned the kit and bought myself some other brand, I installed them, loaded optimized defaults from BIOS, activated XMP and voila.

ZERO errors in Memtest and Windows.

It's obvious that G.Skill brand is plagued with incompatibility issues and, being a juvenile brand they are, they constantly need to cooperate with major motherboard manufacturers to overcome this. They've lost a customer here, like a bunch of others.

Regards.

Comment

You just got a bad kit, you should have sent them in for new replacements. A bad kit is a bad kit, you can't tweak a bad kit to work, it's still bad.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

While Gigabyte & Gskill kits have been widely known to be incompatible to a certain extent, I refuse such statement of yours.

I tested each module seperately and they yielded NO errors.

But when it comes to installing them as a kit, they spilled errors like torrent.

That's not a bad kit, that's an incompatible kit.

Better be trying to improving your products rather than putting such a sore frown on your face.

Having seen such "support", I'm glad I was forced to change my mind.

Comment

OK, so the two modules couldn't sync together and they were incompatible. Again, they are bad, and you need to have them replaced. No settings or tweaks will allow them to work together. Even if memtest clears, it does not mean the memory is in 100% working condition. I'm not trying to argue or be offensive, I'm just saying for future reference, you or another customer, should have the memory replaced if you encounter this similar problem. That would easily solve the problem and save headaches. =)

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

It's concerning, for customers like me who have experienced such, that you debunk any incompatibility issue without any rational basis despite the fact that I've personally seen those comments on newegg, tweaktown, anandtech and other forums.

If something occurs more than usual it may be out of bounds for a "bad coincidence".

I had bought G.Skill with enthusiasm, btw, it was no "blind date". Please rest assured that I'm not making sore comments here after a bad product experience. I purchased on the anticipation that "Gskill Ripjaws would run great".

G.Skill needs to gather data and coordinate with motherboard manufacturers; more, if so already. Full stop.

Regards.

Comment

No, if it's incompatible we will surely contact the manufacturer directly to resolve any issues. We work directly with Gigabyte USA and Taiwan to make sure their motherboard is fully compatible with our memory. The reason I am "debunking" this incompatibility issue is because we have this motherboard and we test with it all the time. If there was a problem, we would know. We test memory all the time on all different kinds of motherboards, which is why I pass issues quickly, but it does not mean I am blindedly giving out false information. I'm not going to tell you to replace the memory if the memory wasn't the problem, I would simply say they are incompatible...

My job is to get your computer running smoothly, not to create a hassle for you or anything else for that matter.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay but I find it intrguing that you advise me into the modules being bad after me telling here that "mobo and the ram is incompatible".

Why not before then ?

Gskill Ripjaws are not best mates to Gigabyte mobos. This is not to say the majority is a failure. This is to say that a significant number of Gigabyte users are having trouble with Gskill modules.

If it's not the incompatibility, then it's the manufacturing yielding too erroneous products. Whichway ever you like. Even the retailer himself told me that it was not the first time he was having issues with Gskill kits such as one kit creating problems is a kitten with another customer's PC.

Comment

Where did I say they were incompatible? Not from me.

The problems you are speaking of are those of the X58 chipset. There are pesty issues with it that make memory detection very tricky, and when it comes to troubleshooting, it can surely be a headache, but, this problem is not limited to G.Skill memory. Look up other companies as well, they have the same issues.

We are aware of the issues that arise with our memory, and we try to minimize them as much as possible. Every memory company deals with the same issues, no matter how much R&D you put into it, it is the nature of memory/SDRAM products.

The simplest way to portay this issue is NewEgg Reviews. Every customer will have their own experience, and you can see the overall results. Yes, it seems as if every other kit is defective especially if you are in these forums, but that's not the case. Our defective/sales rate is around 2%, so it is just unfortunate if you are a part of that.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but we hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X