No announcement yet.

Unstable Win7 64-bit with GA-P55A-UD7 and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I didn't realize that. (I assumed if they sold me a motherboard that advertises its support for SATA III they would have included SATA III cables.) I presume using the SATA II cables that came with the MB should be okay for now as long as I am using a SATA II interface. Or will that cause a problem too? The pinouts seem all the same; I'm assuming the issue is you need a higher quality cable if you are pumping bits at 6 GB/s with SATA III.

Comment

SATA2 cable is still fine. But if you want to achieve max speed you should order a SATA3 cable even though you are using Intel P55 controller.

Comment

Okay, I'll do that if I can EVER GET THE STUPID THING TO WORK!!

Comment

No luck. I tried connecting the disk as we discussed, but it seems to have no useful effect. I got the usual array of blue screens, different depending on whether I put in 4 sticks or 1 sticks. Many times that happened before it even asked me where to install the system. For example...

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3B c0000005 with all 4 sticks
          BAD_POOL_CALLER with 1 stick
          STOP 1E with a different 1 stick
          Hangs with no blue screen

For one last try I bumped the RAM voltage to 1.6V. Got another BAD_POOL_CALLER.

Unless somebody has a brilliant idea, I give up. I have pretty much eliminated every factor except the RAM, so I put in an order for some Corsair memory that Gigabyte claims is compatible with this motherboard. If that doesn't solve the problem I'm going to toss the motherboard too.

Thanks for all the help, but after 2 weeks I have gotten nowhere with this combination in 64-bit mode.

Comment

That sounds extremely depressing. I feel for you man.

The bios should be set to "load optimized defaults" mode before / after the OS installation. Then you load all drivers and utilities, setup windows, other software, etc. Once everything is done, you can start to play with bios.

Anyway, I don't think there is a compatibility issue with your RAMS only if they are defected.

So lets see when will happen to the Corsair RAMS.

UD7 is very much a brand new board. I was going to get it but I found a good deal on the UD6. Anyway, you can still go back to UD6 or UD4P. I have both of them and they are nice board and run great with 2000MHz+ rams.

If you don't want the UD7, I take it from u

Last thing, all that problems I believe has nothing to do with Win 7 64bit. Sounds like you have hardware failure.
            Last edited by jojodancer; 05-11-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Yes, I was using the "optimized defaults". At this point I can't get close to getting the system installed, so fiddling with the BIOS isn't even an option. As before the system is most unstable if all 4 sticks of RAM are in, but cutting back to 1 only makes it slightly better. (And yes, I rotated through the sticks, trying a different single stick at a time.)

That's why this has been so frustrating; it acts like defective hardware, but replacing the motherboard and rotating through the RAM doesn't help. The only conclusion I can reach is that there is some incompatibility between this GSKILL memory and this particular MB, and only in 64-bit mode.

The reason I keep coming back to the 64-bit issue is the system installs and runs perfectly if I try Windows XP 32-bit or Windows 7 32-bit; it's only the Win 7 64-bit install that falls apart.

So I'll try the Corsair memory that should arrive in a couple of days. If that doesn't fix it, I'm utterly stumped. That would imply that you just can't put Win 7 64-bit on this Gigabyte motherboard, and I can't believe that. (The Gigabyte people certainly don't.)

The only thing left would be that the power supply is flaky, but somehow knows when I'm using 64-bit. Or that the CPU is faulty in some way that doesn't look like any CPU problem I've ever seen.

Thanks for all the help; I'll post back when I can try the new RAM.

Comment

i'm having the ****-- same problem......
                i got a pair of 4 gb g.skill ripjaws 1600 cl7 4-gbrh...p55 ud7 buyed yesterday... .\ i'm getting so ****in angry
                Got random bsod....tryed everything..raise ram voltage to 1.6/1.64....all type of timing...to xmp profile 1600 7-7-7-24 1.6...to 1333 9 9 9 24.....cpu run at 2.66..no oc...all with windows 7 ultimate x64.....with orthos the test fail when it begins...i tryed memtest86+ bios boot...no problem..a night of test..0 error...
                i got a corsair 850 thx...

i used a sata 2 to install it....

What shall we do?
                Last edited by drudru; 05-14-2010, 04:52 AM.

Comment

My Corsair memory should arrive this morning. If replacing the GSKILL RAM with Corsair solves the problem that either means my GSKILL RAM was defective or there is some kind of incompatibility between the UD7 and GSKILL RAM in 64-bit mode.

I doubt the RAM was defective because that would imply that all 4 sticks were defective; unlikely. And like you I ran memory diagnostics and never saw an error.

If the new memory doesn't fix the problem that makes me start to think that the UD7 board just doesn't work in 64 bit mode, which is impossible to believe. (That means that Gigabyte released this board without ever testing it with Win7 64-bit??! No way.)

So either my replacement memory works or I probably will try and buy a different motherboard. Obviously people are building Win 7 64-bit systems that work; maybe they just aren't doing it with the UD7, and the problem is so new we just aren't hearing about it yet.

As soon as I find out whether the Corsair memory helps I will post again.

Comment

wtf....i cant change my pair of ram...wtf should i do?

it's true...using 32 bit 7 ultimate...orthos run....no problem..for now....
                    my 2x2gb pair is compatible with ud5/ud6 and 7?......

I'll gonna throw this sticks out of my window...bought 4 gb for nothing..

Comment

For what its' worth - I have that board and 2 sticks of Ripjaws F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH. I have installed pro 64 with no problem. Overclocking an i7-860 to 3.8 GHz using the Quick Boost level 3. No instabilities.

Comment

can u wrote ur bios settings?

Comment

Wow.

The new Corsair memory had absolutely no effect on the problem. Still Blue Screens with BAD_POOL_CALLER at the same spot during the install process.

STOP 0xc2 (0x7,0x1097,0x0,0xsomeaddress)

So, either this problem has been caused by a weirdly broken Intel i5-750 CPU or by the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7 motherboard. GSKILL is now officially off the hook. Now my job is to try and wake up Gigabyte Tech Support and see if they can respond with anything useful. Remember this is my second motherboard; either I got two broken in exactly the same way or this model can't run Win7 64-bit. Both of these are unbelievable.

What else can be wrong? The Power Supply? The case? None of those seem credible. I am going to try and get Gigabyte to read this forum thread and see if they can suggest anything. Otherwise I must now throw the motherboard in the trash and start over with another brand.

Comment

drudru, what CPU are you using?

Comment

i5 750...i think it's a problem of mobo..i've heard a problem about a user who got a 470 on a ud7 and he's having a lot of problem of connection playing on multiplayer...:\ with ati 5870 multiplayer ran smooth...with 470gtx a lot of problem...i think that was fixxed by the bios f3 or f2....wtf is cpu code in the latest beta bios?

Now i am stable with my g.skill at 1800(very low timings but who cares? 9 9 9 24) on 7 32bit and i5 750 at 3.6ghz..no blue screen or any ****in thing..runned smooth occt,lynx and orthos...memtest perfect!tonight i do another,but i have to get out the ram...if they were defected i probably got some problem also on this Os...i think it's ****in 64 bit.. :\ hope in bios for ud7.....

in my case i dont think about supply power...850 tx corsair..bought 2 months ago new.. .\.....

I DONT WANNA BE HORRIBLE BUT I HATE NVIDIA CHIP LIKE 790i or other...nf200 problem or marvell?

Comment

A little update...

GSKILL Support at one point suggested I use the XMP "Profile 1" settings, and we found (surprisingly) that my RAM didn't support XMP. So they gave me all the settings so I could reproduce that manually. The result was that the MB instantly powered itself down, as if those settings were toxic.

I figured since my new Corsair memory does support XMP I would try that again, using the builtin settings, eliminating any possibility that I had made an error in the manual settings.

So I tried XMP Profile1 with the Corsair RAM, and AGAIN, the Gigabyte motherboard instantly shut itself off, as if I had done some kind of unusable overclocking settings. So the MB doesn't support XMP Profile1?!?!

I know people are successfully using the motherboard; why can't I?

Comment

Working...
                                X