GA-EX58-UD5 and F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD5 and F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ

model of the motherboard: GA-EX58-UD5 Rev. 1.0.
    model of the memory: F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ
    model of the CPU: i7-940

what is the problem: no post, no beep code, no display; post LCD display hangs at 69.

Details: Have 6 memory modules. Have tried various combinations from 1 to 6 sticks; usually two in slots designated by Gigabyte manual. Have swapped for a new motherboard and new CPU - neither swap made a difference. Tried two different known good video cards and never see any video display. Swapped in known good power supply. The only thing left would be a memory compatibility issue.

Gigabyte has recently posted a bios upgrade, but not able to get to a state where we can see bios version or where an upgrade is possible.

Please help!
    Tom P

sorry, but we don't guarantee this model to run on triple channel motherboard, 'coz the memory controllers are much different
    we'd recommend our triple channel pack memory if you would like to use X58 chipset

and for your personal issue, you may send back us for RMA
    we'll replace another kit for you
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thank you - what memory kit would you recommend?

Tom P

Comment

for the same spec, we'd recommend you to choose F3-10666CL9T-3GBNQ
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Hello,

I received the following message with my RMA number:

"Your RMA number is UR*******. Please read through the replacement policy document in attachment. It has the return address and some instruction that helps you to RMA your item. Once we received your item, we will test it and ship the replacement back ASAP. If you want to claim refund, please contact the store where you made purchased. GSKILL USA doesn't provide any refund nor upgrade program. GSKILL USA does not offer advance RMA nor cross ship RMA."

Your RMA policy does not seem to allow me to get the right memory, according to the way I read it. It says that the only thing possible is to fix defective memory: an upgrade is not allowed. The DDR3 PC 10600 kits were the only ones available from Newegg when I placed my order in November and I wrongly assumed that the board required DDR3 and that the channel issue was not relevant to the memory chip itself but only to the MB.

Am I misinterpreting the RMA Policy?

Tom

Comment

yes we don't have upgrading service
            what we could do is to replace another kit which could run at X58 chipset, not to replace another model to you
            thanks

G.S

Comment

I don't understand.

Will you send me F3-10666CL9T-3GBNQ kits, which you recommended, in exchange for F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ kits, which we know will not run, through an RMA? Or not?

It is clear to me that another try at different F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ kits is a waste of time, since I have already three of these kits, and none of these work. What good would more do?

Tom

Comment

we used different chips for F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ, and some could run on X58 chipset
                so we'll replace those which oculd run on X58 chipset to you
                thanks

G.S

Comment

I just want to let you know that we sent in our six incorrect chips and received three chips, labeled F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ (2GB per chip, 6GB for the set). We put them into the system and it worked! Thank you very much for the prompt exchange for chips that work with the board and cpu we bought. We appreciate your help very much!

Tom

Comment

you're welcome

G.S

Comment

Working...
                    X