Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK memory issues/BSOD/cold boot

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the memory listed here. I've read many things stating that the timing needs to be adjusted for the memory to work properly and be stable. I'm having a TON of BSODs recently and it's definitely the memory. I've run memtest86+ and have found many errors as does windows memory diagnostic. Now I've already started the RMA process but I was hoping that maybe you have some info that would help stablize the RAM and I would be able to not have to go through the returning and swapping of the memory.

Here are the following specs of my system:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 550 BE O.C. to 3.4ghz
    Mobo: MSI NF750-G55
    Memory: F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

I have all the memory timings listed as "auto" in the BIOS. Here are the cell menu "memory z" specs in my bios:

DRAM TCL: 7clk
    TRCD: 7
    TRP:7
    TRAS:21
    TRFC:60
    TWR:10
    TWTR:5
    TRRD:4
    TRTP: 5

Voltage= 1.6v with a cycle time of 1clk

In the advanced DRAM tab:

Auo/DTC0/DTC1/Both = Auto is selected
    1T/2T: auto selected

In the DTC0/DTC1 tab these all come up auto:

TRCD
    TRP
    TRAS
    TRTP
    TRC
    TWR
    TRRD
    WTR
    TRFC0
    TRFC1
    TRFC2
    TRFC3
    TWRTT0
    TWRRD
    TWRWR
    TRDRD

I would like to try and fix this before sending it in. Also, if errors are on the sticks already would adjusting these settings help?

Please note that when the Frequency displays in my bios it says 1440mhz which isn't right since these are 1333 sticks. Please help me and if you need anymore info I'm able to write back frequently.

Please advise on how I should set up the timings and such. For instance do I choose DCT0/DCT1/Both?, voltage comes in at 1.6v but shouldn't it be 1.5?, etc.

Thanks!

Your overclock is causing the 1440. The reason why it is unstable is because you are running 7-7-7-21 timings instead of 8-8-8-21. 1.60V is fine, that seems to be the minimum default for your motherboard. For DRAM Timing, it should be set to BOTH.

Once you have made those changes, let me know how it goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Should I adjust the 1T/2T setting or leave it as "auto"?

Comment

2T

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm unable to change the settings to 8-8-8-21. I make the changes into "Advanced DRAM Configuration" in my BIOS and hit save. When I reboot I pull up memory-z (f5) and it still comes up as if I haven't changed the settings (back to 7-7-7-21). Please help, thank you.

Comment

Ok nevermind. I ran memtest86+ again and I can see that the settings are coming in as 8-8-8-21. I don't know why memory-z shows that they don't?

Now I've run memtest86+ for 8+hours without a single error which is great news, seems like the memory is good.

Unfortunately I think now my windows 7 OS is having an issue. When I boot I get to the login screen it's completely black with just a cursor and a windows 7 logo on the bottom.
            Last edited by Buildncastles; 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Try one stick at a time to insure that memory is not the culprit. If the same problem occurs for both sticks, try reinstalling Windows.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X