No announcement yet.

F3-12800cl9t-6GBNQ ASUS P6T, 6GB at 1333 ONLY, 4GD at 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings look spot on.. if you continue to have problems, simply send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm having the exact same problems, So now i have to send them in and hopefully it fixes the problem.

Problem is that it is going to take ages for it to come back, that means i will have no pc, would be better if they would simply swap them over after the pc shop techs test it.

I hope its not that the ram is simply incompatible or something, because so many people are having similar problems with other ram. Others say they have tested there ram with memtest and found no problems and to go for another model / brand and that fixed there loss of ram problem.

Comment

also i have tried everything, slowing down the ram, timings etc, still does the same when it gets anywhere near 1600. really sux

Comment

start a new thread, post up pics and settings, and we'll troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the response i found out that one of the dimms was bad

I replaced the set and it now works, but I'm also having another problem about XMP now not being detected when before it was. i might open up a thread for that but i see someone else has already opened up a thread about the same issue with this set and was advised to input the settings in manually.

Thing is that that the gskill tech only listed the first 3 settings doesn't XMP configure all settings to optimal? anyway I'll see how my research goes before opening up a thread

Comment

XMP only configures basic memory settings. Depending on motherboard, some may adjust QPI/DRAM and DRAM voltage, but that simply depends on whether it was written.

I am better than XMP, so keep that in mind. =)

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

EUREKA, my Ci7-950 processor and ASUS P6T BIOS now sees 6GB at 1600Mhz with all XMP setting on auto.

I have tried every trick posted at http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-1...stalled-19200/ and more.

Today, I pulled the CPU to write down the CPU information to RMA the CPU and to verify the pins were straight, clean, etc. I had read at http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-1...stalled-19200/ that the heatsink must be installed from the board or the RAM would not be detected properly. I checked and found the builder had not installed the mylar O washers on the top side of the motherboard under the heat sink's feet. So, I installed them. When I next booted, the BIOS detected a new processor and made me press F1 to enter the BIOS. On a whim, I set the RAM speed to 1600 and, you guessed it, the BIOS posted 6GB at 1600MHz as it should. I have rebooted 10 times so far with no hiccups.

Comment

Yep, very common problem as the memory slot gets shorted therefore missing 2GB, or disabled slot.

Glad to hear you were able to catch the screw up and save yourself time. =)

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X